"bubble gum" flavor? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > "bubble gum" flavor?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
Wynterowl
Recipes 

Feb 2013
Pembroke, Ontario

Thanks for your recipe, this helps me on my road to a "Bubble gum Mead". I am just hoping that the substitution of honey instead of table sugar will work. If not, I will just add sugar to the must to bring out the bubbly sweetness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcobbs View Post
I just made a batch of what was supposed to be raspberry soda, but when I tried it I swear it tastes to me like liquid bubble gum! Here's the recipe:

1 gallon water (I just used a gallon jug of spring water)
2 tsp McCormick raspberry extract
2 cups table sugar
1/4 tsp yeast (I just use baking yeast for sodas)
5 drops red food coloring

I had intended to make a clear raspberry soda, but the yeast made it a little cloudy, so I decided to color it. The five drops of food coloring with the slight cloudiness of the yeast made a really pretty bubble-gum pink. I let it carb a couple of days and tried one--to me it tastes for all the world like bubble gum. I think the pink color helps with the impression. It could use a little more carbonation so I'm going to give it one more day before I chill it--don't want to give the kids a bubble-gum buzz!

Old 03-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
dkag7
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Loranne oils has a very good bubble gum flavor. 5 drops or so mixed with some RIO flavorings (strawberry and/or cherry), 3-5 teaspoons of sugar in a 20oz soda bottle, then carbonate (i have a fizz giz).. tastes just like bubble gum

Old 06-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
SirLoinofBeef
Recipes 

Jun 2013

If you are interesrted in making your own bubble gum flavoured sodas, Amoretti (Amoretti.com or Amazon.com) sells an all natural syrup that tastes like bubble gum. All you need is a SodaStream home soda maker, or equivalent, and you're good to go!

Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #14
MagicMike
Recipes 

Jul 2012
toronto, Ontario
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I came across this website, hope it helps.

https://www.juicyvapor.com/ProductDe...de=JV-DIY-0013