Originally Posted by Tonedef131
1) Gueuze (any one I can get my hands on)
2) Maibock (the one I brew)
3) Flanders Red (Had an Ommegang Rouge Grand Cru last night...might have a new favorite)
That Ommegang Rouge is killer.
Favorite styles? That's tough.
1. Sour anything, really. Picked up Russian River Consecration again last night, so I'll be drinking that soon. Love it, along with their other sours. Beatification is probably #2 on that list. Had the Ommegang Rouge three days ago. Love that. Anything Cantillon, emphasis on Fou Foune and I think I like the Iris just as much, and then the Jolly Pumpkin beers stand out in my mind as well. Have the Cascade Kriek at home and I can't wait to try it.
2. Imperial Stouts, I think would be my second favorite, but I am picky. Speedway is my favorite, Stone is great, Old Rasputin (emphasis on XI), Bourbon County Brand from Goose Island, Green Flash Double Stout, and Haandbryggeriet Dark Force. ****. I need another bottle of Dark Force. If anyone has Dark Lord they want to send me, I would be happy.
3. American IPA/DIPA. Pliny, Sculpin, Blind Pig, Dorado, Alesmith, Pure Hoppiness, Racer 5, West Coast and Green Flash Imperial, and the list ccould go on for days.
There's no "mine" on the list because frankly, I'm not at the place to make a sour beer as complex and interesting as any on my list. I could probably make a good Imperial Stout, but it wouldn't be like the ones I listed, and I don't see a point in making a Pliny clone with as mucch as it would cost.