Pacifico Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyder

Reaction score
My father-in-law gave me some empties last week. They seem thinner at the top, also the lip is a bit different from most bottles. Anyone ever have problems using them?

I don't know if they are different in different geographical regions, but I have a sixer of pacifico bottles in my bottling rotation, and except for them being true longnecks, I've never had a problem with using them...

The six that I have are like the ones in this picture.

pacifico%20michelado.JPG

I'm pretty sure I have capped those also with no problems. Its those damn Amstel bottles you have to look out for.

Rev, funny but my bottles are different. Any thoughts?

2ljgobo.jpg

Also, they seem thinner at the top, which is what I'm a bit worried about.

Snyder, if you're using a wing capper you could have problems with those bottles, the lip is thin and very rounded. I'd try a few dry capping runs before filling them up with beer.

Should be no problem with a bench capper though.

I have used them successfully with my bench capper. They do seem thin. They are taller than the normal 12ozer, and they do not fit in the cardboard boxes i have. Pisses me off.

Thanks for the help. I'll give them a trial run first. My father-in-law just got back from Mexico, so he's been drinking them lately. I've got close to a case.

I regularly drink pacifico beer and have been saving the bottles. Would anyone recommend buying new bottles to use opposed to saving and using pacifico bottles?

Is capping pacifico bottles a big issue?

I tried capping Pacifico bottles for the first time with a wing capper a few days ago. They are on my "do not accept" list along with blue moons for reusing bottles. I couldn't get a single cap on the Pacifico bottles. The Blue Moon labels refused to come off.

I have capped with Pacifico a few times when running low on bottles. They aren't the easiest to cap but they will work in my experience. I have a wing capper, and it seems to need to be used a couple times on each cap for me to be confident that it is fully on. It also seems to almost catch on the bottle after its been capped. But other then the hassle it will definitely work. Haven't had a problem with leaks or anything.

I've capped a ton of Pacifico bottles with a wing capper. I always get worried because they don't give that satisfying push when capping, but they've always carbed totally fine.

I tried capping Pacifico bottles for the first time with a wing capper a few days ago. They are on my "do not accept" list along with blue moons for reusing bottles. I couldn't get a single cap on the Pacifico bottles. The Blue Moon labels refused to come off.

Mine come off with no effort at all, fill five gallon Home Depot bucket with hose water and a scoop of Oxyclean, wait a few days, err weeks if I forget them, and they slip right off.

I know, but I was using the bath tub. The rest of the house wouldn't be too pleased if I left a tub full of beer bottles. Every other bottle came off within the hour I did it. I did use oxyclean and it worked exceptionally well for everything but the Blue Moon bottles.

My wife drinks Blue Moon - I thought those were twist-offs?

Doh! your right, I never paid attention, I just used an opener on them. They are twistys.

Now I have a lot less bottles to fill then I thought :mad:

Doh! your right, I never paid attention, I just used an opener on them. They are twistys.

No I have a lot less bottles to fill then I thought :mad:

This one of those instances where that Homer Simpson quote, "Beer -- the cause of and solution to all of life's problems" is true :)

Just buy beer, drink it, use bottles for your beer.

Latest posts

Back