Fermentation Time / Primary / Cold Crashing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdharris55

Reaction score
I have a Trippel that has been in primary for 17+ days. It's sitting in a garage fridge with a temp controller keeping it about 65. I could really use the fridge space for this holiday weekend. I was thinking about cold crashing and then racking to a keg and moving it to the kegerator...knowing that it needs to sit for several more weeks before tapping. Is this a problem? Or should it stay longer at current temperature? If I rack and move...should I go ahead and pressure it up with CO2?

Wow...no. Too soon. What was your OG? Trippels REALLY need time to age and condition. I would take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temp before I kegged it this soon. Let it sit for another few months before kegging it.

1.078 OG. So, too soon for cold temps. Unfortunately, room temp in my shop ranges between a low of 75 at night (if lucky) to a high of the upper 80's in the day. That can't be good either.

Ya way too soon... but what about moving it inside, next to the air conditioner, until the fridge is available again...

Back