Where to buy a pre-wired Control Products TC-9102D-HV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimstuff

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy a PREWIRED Control Products TC-9102D-HV (this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057APR3I/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20).

The reason is I know zilch about electrical work and have very little time to figure it out, buy the extra equipment, and have it up and running. I have my baby on the weekends and have like 5 minutes to myself at a time, so I can't spend hours teaching myself how to do basic electrical work.

Does anyone know who/where I can buy one of these pre-wired? I've already done the research on which controller, and I actually already have one, I just underestimated the amount of time it will require to figure it out properly. I like the fact that it has 30-amp relays and a fully digital interface, internal memory, and is of course, dual stage. It just seems to be the highest quality controller out there for the price. If I got a prewired one I'd try to sell this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that same unit. Wired it myself. Not sure if you can get them pre-wired. I'd be happy to wire it for you if you want to send it to me.

Thanks for the offer! However, I decided to try to do it and just finished. I worked all evening at the kitchen table while my daughter watched kids shows on Netflix. Now I have messed up fingertips and a bunch of kid's shows melodies in my head. I thought I was being smart by getting all 12 gauge solid wire, and man oh man, that stuff is a ***** to install with this thing along with a small electrical box. I look at the wire and I'm like "that ain't so hard, I could squeeze that down into this box," ... famous last words. I felt like I was performing open heart surgery. Anyway, I got it done, despite my troubles, and will try it out soon. Not until I switch out my garage outlet with a 20 amp outlet with the sideways prong because, like an idiot, I bought a 20 amp appliance power cord and installed it before noticing the sideways prong. :smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack:

Here's my handiwork: (the wire colors arent consistent because I ran out of black. I marked them, though.

Have you tired it out ? Is it working on both relays ? It's hard to tell from your diagram but it seems you didn't install jumpers from your power in block to the relay out blocks.
The power comes into the block furthest in the left (it has three blocks). You then jump from here to the middle block and then to the block on the right. This provides power to the relays. The common (white wire) all get connected together which provides a full circuit.
Hopefully I am wrong. I have the same unit and it works great. I am attaching some photos of my unit and how I wired it.

image-2164516822.jpg

image-3659714221.jpg

image-622949098.jpg

image-1505507997.jpg

Slainte

A couple of my pictures are from earlier stages of installation. I followed this diagram here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/wiring-tc-9102d-temp-controller-349990/

I pigtailed the incoming common wire with one going to the C hole in the controller, then two more going to one side of the outlet. Then I pigtailed the incoming hot wire with one wire going into the 120 hole, then two wires going into the relays, each on the left side. Then two hot wires going from the two relays right sides back to the hot (gold screw) side of the outlet, then I busted off the bridge thingy on the hot side of the outlet.

Thhis reminds me, though, that I did not make a note of which plug each relay is connected to!!! :smack:

So instead of doing the short jumper from relay 1 to relay 2, which it looks like you did, I snaked it all the way back into my electrical box and into my pigtail with all the hot wires like a jackass. Getting 4 12-gauge solid copper wires together in one wirenut ain't easy....

I wouldn't normally revive an old thread but I'm looking for each of you guys specifically. I'm hoping you can help. I'm using this diagram but my main problem is the wiring from my fridge. Would you guys have any idea which wire is which on the fridge side? That's the black cord on the right. That cord was a flat type, which the plain copper wiring on the outsides and that insulated green yellow wire up the middle.

TIA!

fridge stuff.jpg

Back