What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking some water after a failed brewday... 10gal of wort got dumped, was 20 points low on my OG for an IPA that had a ton of hops in it. That's what I get for being cocky and not measuring pre-boil gravity. Dammit

Why didn't you just add some DME or LME to get to your OG? Seems like an incredible waste. :(

Having this Resiny Juicebomber. :)

harvest.jpg

BrewinHooligan said:
Drinking some water after a failed brewday... 10gal of wort got dumped, was 20 points low on my OG for an IPA that had a ton of hops in it. That's what I get for being cocky and not measuring pre-boil gravity. Dammit

Sorry to hear - brewing again tomorrow then?

Sounds like a hell of a good mistake to brew to me. :confused: I made an accidental "light ipa" it turned out to be really,really good.

BrewinHooligan said:
Damn that's a lot of beer down the drain, hope it works out better next time. Should have boiled for another 2 hours:)

Why didn't you just add some DME or LME to get to your OG? Seems like an incredible waste. :(

If it was just for me I would have done that, but this is for an event my start-up brewery is doing so if it isn't prefect I don't have the time or space to try to save it. Double brew day tomorrow...

How much habanero do you use in this? How much heat are you getting? And what are you rimming the glass with?
Sounds really good. Cheers

1 pepper sliced with seeds for each gallon. Its definately got some heat but I like really spicy. On the rim is Tajin. Its a Mexican spice blend that has chili peppers lime and a couple other spices (awesome on margaritas too)

ForumRunner_20131116_190112.jpg

1 pepper sliced with seeds for each gallon. Its definately got some heat but I like really spicy. On the rim is Tajin. Its a Mexican spice blend that has chili peppers lime and a couple other spices (awesome on margaritas too)

Jezzzzzzzzus if I had to guess I'd say you must be mexican :p
Edit: I to love hot and spicy food.

If it was just for me I would have done that, but this is for an event my start-up brewery is doing so if it isn't prefect I don't have the time or space to try to save it. Double brew day tomorrow...

Makes me wonder just how many awesome things were discovered by mistake. :D:mug: Session Ipa down the drain.

Did you have to go out and get more grain, hops, etc?

I have some of the hops on hand but had to run out and get another 26lbs of grain and 7oz of hops I don't have in bulk at the moment. On to the coke with sailor jerry now

NIZZLE said:
Anytime brah! You like?

It's really good. Nice mouthfeel and flavor and only the slightest bit of heat from the habaneros only felt in the back of my throat.

Better drink up its a nail biter. K St can't throw the ball ever since Lynn Dickie hahahahaha.

i will argue that will michael bishop and colin klein

Put some lemon, salt and pepper in it. I am not talking to you anymore because you don't like me (I'm a guy).

I think you still are :D

I don't belive you. I think that is strait Coke. Wait, I'm not talking to you....

If I got this drunk off of straight coke, my fridge would be stocked with it! Glad K-state came out with the win, shouldnt have been that close but a W is a W

finsfan said:
i will argue that will michael bishop and colin klein I think you still are :D If I got this drunk off of straight coke, my fridge would be stocked with it! Glad K-state came out with the win, shouldnt have been that close but a W is a W
What about freeman?

He'brew: Hop Manna

This is an underrated IPA. Will be on the table for Thanksgivukkah this year. Once in a lifetime.

BrewinHooligan said:
It's not a lack of fermenters, it's the amount of temp controlled space for fermentation that is limiting us at the moment.

Ah. It's the time of the year for us where the whole house is temp controlled (cold!)

Back