Anyone use "turbo yeast" or similar for Cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer

Reaction score
I just did a gallon using turbo. I started at 1.13 and ended at 1.00...in about 1 week. I crashed and filtered, then drank. Result- to me it tasted great. Just the right amount of sweet left. One tall glass of this stuff and you're :drunk:. I'm doing another one now with regular yeast (just using baker's yeast) and realizing it's gonna take a good month.:mad: Not sure the juice (or cider) is worth the squeeze so to speak, if it's gonna take so long.

Anyone else use turbo? Did you really think it was that bad?

I just did a gallon using turbo. I started at 1.13 and ended at 1.00...in about 1 week. I crashed and filtered, then drank. Result- to me it tasted great. Just the right amount of sweet left. One tall glass of this stuff and you're :drunk:.

Not surprised, what you got there is a bit above 17% ABV. What I am surprised at is that there is any sweet left.

I haven't tried turbo yeast yet, but my LHBS suggested it when I told them I as making skeeter pee as they were concerned the EC-1118 may not be able to keep up with all the acidity from the lemon juice.

I'm curious to see how a 5G batch turns out, especially if it finishes quicker :tank:

Back