Where do you buy Oxi-clean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makeyermark

Reaction score
Since we are talking cleaners today. Where do you guys buy oxi-clean? I looked around Costco and could not find any. Been brewing a little over two years and never used anything besides a scrubby pad, water and Idopher to clean. Is that nasty? About time I gave everything a good cleaning. No infected batches though.

Get mine in the laundry detergent section of about any grocery store.

Lowe's and HD have larger sizes. I bought some a while back to clean our siding and still have a ton left over that I'll use to soak hoses and other brewing gear.

I've found it at Costco, Home Depot, etc. But they only carried the version with the added blue crystals, which I hear is not prefferred because of the added scent etc.

I found that my grocery store carried their own brand of OXI cleaner,,,, much cheaper then name brand and,,,,, no blue crystal. I'll need to check Target my next time through.

I wondered the same thing, and found this. In my area, it mostly lists Walgreens, Target, and some grocery stores.

Edit: Oh, and consistent with everyone else's responses, I just realized it also says that "you can also find OxiClean® products at your nearest Walmart, Costco, Home Depot or Lowe’s."

I get 'sun' at Walmart, same exact thing, 25% cheaper than Oxyclean because they don't (/didn't) have to support Billy Mays' coke habit.

Dollar General. 5.00 for a tub twice the size of what I paid 8.00 dollars for at Kroger (a grocery chain) for OxiClean Free. It goes under the name Sun and has no blue crystals or any scent that I can detect.

For what it's worth, my local Walmart does not stock Sun, only Oxiclean, and they never have Oxiclean Free in stock. My latest purchase was the big box they sell at Costco.

Yeah, I never saw any at Costco last time I was there. If you're going to get Oxi-Clean you want to get the "Oxi-Clean Free" kind without the little blue crystals in it. I get the Safeway brand from.... Safeway.

didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post here:

Is this the right kind of oxi?

20091202-kg1bes9ewrigd2ukkk1b8u1qua.jpg

Back