What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ostomo517 said:
So my fiancee sends me to go get a oil change for the car and I do. Text her on the way back to see if she needs anything, she just says yes come pick me up. Long story short, apparently she has planned a surprise overnight trip to Grand Rapids. On the way to Brewery Vivant now!!!! Probably Founders later! Its gonna be a good day tater....

So, you're taking her to Vivant for some Coq?
;)

xMalachi said:
Growlers of it weren't cheap! What happened is they had some Imperial Stout that wasn't up to par so they bourbon aged it and are doing various additions. Once the Raspberry is gone, they've got Vanilla, Coffee, and Cocoa Nibs. You can read about it here. http://schlafly.com/blog/2013/05/11/making-lemonade-out-of-lemons/

That's pretty cool. Definitely much better for them and their fans than dumping the whole batch. All four variations sound really good!

So, you're taking her to Vivant for some Coq?
;)

It sounded more like she's taking him....:D

Time for some saison. Research for the next batch. I used 1/2 lb of CaraMunich I (about 5.5% of grain bill) and I think it's a little too much. Probably dial it back to 4 or 6 oz for the next one. 'Finally' going to do an all Nelson hopped saison, too. Maybe Nelson/Motueka.

image-3705513377.jpg

TNGabe said:
It sounded more like she's taking him....:D

Hehe! Yeah, after hearing him go on and on about how much he loves it, she must've decided to take him on an over night trip for Coq.
:D

Hehe! Yeah, after hearing him go on and on about how much he loves it, she must've decided to take him on an over night trip for Coq.

I normally would never say yes to that statement but yeah that seems to be the case lol. Just left Sicilianos bottle shop with some good pre party beverages before heading to the hotel Resin, Lucky 13, Dales and Deviant Dales to name a few.......needless to say I only stopped for a hydrometer

Ostomo517 said:
I normally would never say yes to that statement but yeah that seems to be the case lol. Just left Sicilianos bottle shop with some good pre party beverages before heading to the hotel Resin, Lucky 13, Dales and Deviant Dales to name a few.......needless to say I only stopped for a hydrometer

Sounds like the makings for a great evening.

It's A Trapp! My Belgian pale ale with Sorachi Ace hops and Trappist yeast.

image-4075422699.jpg

So my fiancee sends me to go get a oil change for the car and I do. Text her on the way back to see if she needs anything, she just says yes come pick me up. Long story short, apparently she has planned a surprise overnight trip to Grand Rapids. On the way to Brewery Vivant now!!!! Probably Founders later! Its gonna be a good day tater....

Hell might as well hit perrin to they got a few new beers on tap

MrNickVT said:
I'm having a blue moon spring seasonal at Quaker steak somewhere near st Petersburg FL I think
Must have been a good weekend if you don't even know where you are :drunk:
WesleyS said:
Ha! He loves the Coq.

TNGabe said:
Uhhh, maybe take it easy on the pics later.....

Hey, that all depends on what his fiancée looks like, and of course, what kind of beer she's drinking. ;)

NIZZLE said:
Welllllll maybe just a little ;) but I'm excited about my package coming tomorrow

Yeah, man, I can't wait for it to get there too. I forgot to include a note letting you know what the homebrew I included was. It's a bottle of the beer I'm drinking now. The Belgian pale ale I posted just a little bit ago.

Chillin with an Ashton stick and a sanpellegrino aranciata on a spectacular day in the black hills! Hiked Harney Peak this morning and will crack into our Black Widow Oatmeal Stout by Yellowstone brewing tonight!! Damn I love summer!!!!!

Nice lookin bottles. I'm always on the lookout for a cool bottle to dress'em up a bit. Paulaner,Wernesgruner,& older Michelob bottles are cool so far. May have to add some of these to the collection after giving away some beers in SA bottles. I'm def starting to want bottles with some design on the neck &/or shoulder nowadays.

Nice lookin bottles. I'm always on the lookout for a cool bottle to dress'em up a bit. Paulaner,Wernesgruner,& older Michelob bottles are cool so far. May have to add some of these to the collection after giving away some beers in SA bottles. I'm def starting to want bottles with some design on the neck &/or shoulder nowadays.

Yup it's to bad thay are twist offs :(

Ostomo517 said:
Of course starting with the Tart Side of the Moon!! Shes havin their Midnight Wheat and escargot on the way

Hmmmm.......I'm surprised you started with that one. Are you just easing into the Coq? I would've figured as soon as you walked in the door you would've been demanding a Big Red Coq.
;)

Brewenstein said:
A Two Brothers Sidekick. It is an extra pale ale. In my new birthday glass! (Sorry, I don't know how to rotate it.)

I like that beer, and of course everything else I've had from them! :)

Back