corny keg sizes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkultra69

Reaction score
Just went out and picked up an oster for my kegerator project. After getting her home I grabbed two kegs to do a quick test fit, and they dont quite fit.:( Im starting to think my kegs are a bit wider than normal. I found this pic of an oster with two kwgs in it with plenty of room.
oster65.JPG

I did notice that these are ball lock, and mine are pin lock. They measure 8 7/8". Are ball locks smaller? I was hoping that some people could measure there kegs for me just to see if thats the problem. Thanks.

I just picked up an oster and two ball locks fit fine. I had to move the thermostat and remove the bottom shelf from the door. Did you move both of those things?

Ball lock kegs typically measure around 8.25 inches. that could be where you are running into trouble, but try what M@! said too.

Roger that on the T-stat, already moved. Thats kinda a drag, I guess Ill have to go buy some ball locks. The real bummer is that I just returned the 4.4 frigidaire from Lowes (its $40 cheaper) because it was a bit to small, when it looks like its just my kegs are to big.

Back