So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've brewed the Blue Balls wit recipe on here and it came out well.

Brewing a dark mild today. About halfway through the mash now.

I found that recipe last night and I think that's what I am going with. I already have everything on hand, except the Orange peel, so that's an added bonus. I think I will pick up a couple oranges to zest after work today and I should be good to go.

I have plans for an Imperial Red Ipa. Using citra and galaxy hops. This will be my first crack at a big beer.

Tomorrow is the Big brew day planned with my pops starting early at 8:00 AM (I typically start around 4:00 PM). Starting with a partigyle Wee Heavy/Scottish 60/- and then finishing with a Hoppy Red Ale. Maybe some rhizome trimming, kegorator painting, and light gardening during down times. Well see.

Planning on a Belgian Pale called Belgo Paleo...uses 2oz Saaz (1@15 minutes, 1 for dry hop), an ounce of Tettnang(30 minutes), and an ounce of Green Bullet(60 minutes) hops and Safbrew Abbaye yeast. If all goes well, it should be interesting. First time using my wort chiller...woo hoo! Not buying 8 bags of ice!

Czech Pils and a Special Lager starring Hallertau Blanc and Glacier hops. Also kegging an all-Galaxy hop-a-lager, a Marzen, a Cali Steam beer, and a Kolsch. Busy-a$$ day.

I just brewed a 3 gallon batch of Citra/Cascade/Amarillo/Columbus hopped IPA. Summerish IPA I call it

Brewed the Belgo Paleo....hit all the numbers and the new wort chiller had me pitching in less than 20 minutes!

IMG_20150411_180901352.jpg

Trying something different this weekend.

1 Gallon (UK) batch based on 1 kg Munich Malt. Galaxy for bittering and Spalt hops for flavour/aroma late additions.

Don't know what to call it but I'm sure it'll be tasty.

Brewed a Honey lite lager (OG 1.037) yesterday.

Warning!
Don't put honey in boiling water, it can be very dangerous. I thought it was a good way to kill the bugs in the honey by using boiling water, just move it of the heat and add the honey. Pasteurising the honey that way. What happened was that it started to boil again and violently when I put the honey in, burning my hand.
Now I have to find the cause of this honey effect.

Brewed an all Citra APA (Zombie Dust Clone) on Friday. It's bubbling happily in my basement.

Just got done with a clone of Westvleteren 12. Hit the OG spot on at 1.091! Hope the Westmalle can get the FG to 1.012. Fingers are crossed.

Today I bottled my 5.5gal batch of 80/ Scotch Ale. This is the second time I have brewed this recipe and I think it tastes better than the last. The only difference is that I added 10 min to the initial boil.

Brewed an oatmeal stout today. Lost the recipe after I bought the ingredients and just guessed on the hops additions.

My luck it will be the best damn beer I ever made (well, only made a few batches so that isn't saying much!) and will never be able to make it again! :)

Brewed an oatmeal stout today. Lost the recipe after I bought the ingredients and just guessed on the hops additions.

My luck it will be the best damn beer I ever made (well, only made a few batches so that isn't saying much!) and will never be able to make it again! :)

Just take good notes as you go. [emoji12]

I brewed a peanut butter chocolate stout using my chocolate stout recipe as a base. It was a nice day so many neighbors were out and many neighbors wanted to chit chat through the entire process. Problem is, it distracts me and it slows me down. My OG is far too high and I just hope this works out. Next time I'm putting those dudes to work if they want to literally follow my every step through the garage when I'm brewing. :D

This weekend I'm judging a comp on Friday/Saturday, and then bottling/casking (Mild and Ordinary Bitter) and brewing (Rye Pale Ale) on Sunday. Busy busy busy.

Latest posts

Back