Temperature control ??? This the right one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to save a bit of money, check out the Johnson A419. Does pretty much the same thing for about $20-30 less. This is the one I use, and it has been flawless. Just note that with either one of these, you either have to pay extra to have it pre-wired or wire the thing yourself. If you can install a power outlet, wiring one of these is a piece of cake.

http://www.pexsupply.com/Johnson-Co...age-Digital-Temperature-Control-120-240v-SPDT

I'm with TopherM, although the first one you posted will work if you've never done any electrical work. It really is easy to wire though. I'll also say I love having the precision of a digital controller over an analog; it takes all the guess work out and gives you complete control over cycle timing, differential range, etc.

I've got a Johnson Digital (well, 2 of them actually) and they work quite well. Pretty easy to wire if you can wire a light fixture or follow a simple drawing, then you are all set. Or someone here can help too.

I think I paid less than that for my most expensive one.

That one looks like a 24v DC model, I think you will want a 120v AC one. Get this prewired Ranco direct from etcsupply.

What? This is definitely the 120V AC model. This is the exact link I ordered mine from about a month ago. $20.00 less than the Ranco model. If it is worth the extra $20.00 to have it prewired, go for the Ranco, but I was able to wire the Johnson in about 20-30 minutes with an old extension cord and a pair of scissors.

What? This is definitely the 120V AC model. This is the exact link I ordered mine from about a month ago. $20.00 less than the Ranco model. If it is worth the extra $20.00 to have it prewired, go for the Ranco, but I was able to wire the Johnson in about 20-30 minutes with an old extension cord and a pair of scissors.

I think he was referring to the Ranco, not the Johnson:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ww...uery=3zp79&op=search&Ntt=3zp79&N=0&sst=subset

I'm sure that there is also a 120v Ranco available from Grainger, but that link shows the 24v version.

Back