Tap Handle Doesn't Fit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cperry7467

Reaction score
I'm a newb, tried searching for an answer to this but I can't seem to find anything. I just built my first kegerator with a tower kit from Keg Cowboy and my girlfriend bought a tap handle for me but it doesn't seem to fit the faucet. The hole in the tap handle looks too small to screw on the faucet. Which brings me to a few questions... Is there a standard size? Is there an adapter I can get to my handle to fit or anything I can do to get it to fit? Any help is appreciated.

the little brass thing in the tap handle is called a threaded insert. there are two little "notches" in it's sides, and they fit a screwdriver just right. get the right sized insert and swap it out. the directions will tell you what sized bit to use to size the hole.

then have one for Mr. Ludd.

The threaded insert doesn't appear to have any notches. I looked up the inserts to see what it looks like and mine doesn't have that for some reason. I don't really see a way to get the insert out.

3/8" coarse (16tpi) is the standard tap handle thread in america. if it's a british or european handle it might have metric threads, which won't work..

or, it's possible the tap handle is missing the part that connects the handle to the faucet lever?

If it was bought new it should fit fine. If she bought it used, lets say ebay, you may have to do some modifications. One of the tap handles I purchased on ebay, had the insert filled with epoxy residue. Looks like someone had it on display as a collectable, as opposed to tap handle. Had to wire brush out most of the glue and tap it with a 3/8 tap.

Latest posts

Back