Question on Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPatrick

Reaction score
I was at ye old flea market this morning and found a gross (yes, 144) bottle caps for 1$. I bought them.

The LHBS has caps that have some kind of polymer squishy bit to make the seal (and I think it's like 5$ for 50, not 100% on that).

Now, these are interesting. The ones I bought this morning at the flea market have cork in them. I tried one out on my bottles, and they fit fine and hold water. The cork is in fine condition, its squishy and not dry at all.

Question: are these all right to use, and if I am careful with the opening, can I re-use them for multiple brews?

Thanks all.

---KP

I believe that all caps are one use, except EZ-Capers. That's just my opinion. Is the cork going to be easy to sanitize?

I don't know, I've never tried: but the coRk should be all right!

(-:

Nice one on my part, too many brews tonight. :D I guess try them and see, I'd try it on a batch of something you have done before to compare the flavor profile if the cork affects it.

This is my first brew, so I don't have anything to compare it too. Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back