Saison at 1.010 from 1.070, still bubbling...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericd

Reaction score
So I have a saison that started at about 1.070 as I recall and it's down to 1.010 right now and it's still bubbling. That's 86% attenuation already! Should I go ahead and cold crash it and stick in bottles for my tap-a-draft?

Wait until it's done fermenting, and then wait at least another week before bottling. And use a hydrometer to figure out when that is (lots of things can affect whether the airlock bubbles).

Just curious...what other things affect airlock bubbling besides a fermentation that is not complete?

Normally I use that as a good indicator of when it's worth it to start taking gravity readings but once I had a beer that bubbled forever. Finally I decided since it had been almost a month and it wasn't a high gravity beer surely it must be almost done. I had steady readings after checking a few times but that bugger just kept on slowly bubbling anyhow...

Wait until it's done fermenting, and then wait at least another week before bottling. And use a hydrometer to figure out when that is (lots of things can affect whether the airlock bubbles).

So you're saying wait until the gravity stops dropping regardless?

Back