What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic beer haul. I'm about to crack a Revolution Anti-Hero.

image-3638166605.jpg

Just left Buffalo Bayou Brewery. Had some 1836, Coffee Black IPA and Ginger Citrus IPA.
No pictures I was too busy drinking and shooting the breeze with DisturbdChemist.

Side by side tasting. I brewed a 10 gallon batch of imperial red with a buddy. I fermented 5 gallons with wlp007 and dry hopped with Amarillo & Columbus. My buddy fermented on a us-05 cake and used centennial dry hops then bottled... don't tell him but i like his better.

ForumRunner_20130316_164654.png

allenH said:
Cream of 3 Crops. This is one of the last ones, by far the more popular brew I brought. The amount of BMC drinkers here, that makes sense.

I'm about to brew this next weekend. I see you bottled (I'm bottling too), did you end up using any gelatin or whirlfloc/Irish moss?

Depot St Crazy Train - a pale ale with Fuggles and a lb per barrel of galangal, a Thai ginger. Haven't brewed it in almost 2 years. I really like this beer.

image-3211787551.jpg

AVLbrewing said:
I'm about to brew this next weekend. I see you bottled (I'm bottling too), did you end up using any gelatin or whirlfloc/Irish moss?

Yes, whirfloc and I used gelatin in the keg. I didn't want to do a 5 minute tutorial on how to pour a home brew to 200+ people and slap hands all day, so I bottled from the keg.

thegettman said:
Sippin on Bells Two Hearted IPA

Me too! Loving this beer. So well-balanced, I could drink a million of these, wish I could get them regularly!

Had myself a Flower Power this afternoon while working on my stir plate conversion. Now I am having one I have been waiting a very long time to show up around here. All the other Green Flash beers I could previously get, but until now this one was a no go. Anyway, it was well worth the wait. Big hop flavor and aroma, minimal malt presence and finishes pretty dry. Me likey.

20130313_214300.jpg

20130316_195100.jpg

Ridire said:
The best. Whenever I buy a different IPA, I wonder why I didn't buy 2HA instead.

And it's so good when its fresh on tap! I made a clone called Trout River IPA that was very good.

The last couple bottles of my second brew, a dry Irish stout. I didn't keep notes when I first started but I know I brewed it early/mid December which makes it about 3 months old and this thing is really great now, too bad it is almost gone.

Got 3 homebrews from a buddy today coffee stout, imperial Chile pepper wheat, and a nwpa.. chilling them to drink later and drinking a red chair for now.

ForumRunner_20130316_182817.png

PhelanKA7 said:
What is left of a glass of 2006 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine from New Albanian. Hooray for Gravity Head!

My wife's favorite beer in the world on tap:

Delerium Tremens!

Really need to make it over for that one of these years.

Thanks.

I have a very similar beer bottle conditioning right now. Tastes not so good after 2 weeks in bottles. Hoping another week or 2 will help.

Back