Bottling is sooo EZ a 9 year old can do it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_cad

Reaction score
Step 1 - Recruit dad to wash bottles and stick them in Dishwasher with heat cycle on.

Step 2 - Recruit dad to sanitize bottles and place on tree

Step 3 - Recruit dad make priming sugar and pour in bucket with beer and stir.
100_0396.jpg

Step 4 - Fill bottles with beer
IMG_20110321_191630.jpg

Step 5 - Place caps on bottles
IMG_20110321_194156.jpg

Step 6 - Crimp (May require your brewing assistant to steady the bottles for you.)
100_0391.jpg

Step 7- Wait until age 21 to enjoy! :(

It gave me the opportunity to talk to him about responsible drinking. He is my stepson and he immediately recognized that it is important to drink in moderation as he came from a family that abuses alcohol. I want him to see that beer can be a fun hobby and enjoying beer does not mean getting hammered or drinking because of sadness or problems. I really enjoyed having him help me....quality father/son time.

PS.. I usually keg but these are for an upcoming competition.

Brew something that will age until he's 21... :D Have him help in formulating the recipe and with as much of the process as possible... You could be looking at brewing it in a few years, but make up a big barleywine and age at least some of it for when he turns 21... :D

You could get him to help turn beer non-alc... Although I hear hundreds of billions of yeast scream out at once, then silence, every time I think of doing that. :eek:

Shame on you!!!!! You are corrupting that child!! I am calling Social Services!!!!!

I kid, I kid...... I WISH my kids would show an interest like that. All they ever said was that they were glad when I took my brewing outside. "It STINKS, dad!!!!" But my girlfriend's 5 year old follows me around like a lost puppy on brew day. Go figure.

May I humbly suggest investing in some 22oz. bottles? I can bottle 26 of those in no time - with or without my 11 year old son. Besides, when was the last time you had just one beer.....?

Pez.

May I humbly suggest investing in some 22oz. bottles? I can bottle 26 of those in no time - with or without my 11 year old son. Besides, when was the last time you had just one beer.....?

Pez.

+1. A 5 gallon batch requires 53 12oz. bottles. That's a lot of bottling though I suspect if it gets you bonding time with your son you won't even notice the time or effort. :)

That is awesome John. Looks like he had fun doing it. Good luck in the competition. My (brown) is tasting pretty good now. Hopefully it will stay that way till the contest next month.

Step 7- Wait until age 21 to enjoy! :(
bah, don't need to wait that long. Yes I agree 9 is probably too young for the first beer together, but 15-16 I think is ok. Given the circumstances with his family history though perhaps. Looks like you guys a had a good time together. My boy is two. Far from really helping or even hanging out on brew day. too dangerous. I do let him have a sip if he asks. He's only asked twice and he takes enough to dip his tongue in the glass. Not a fan thankfully at this age.

Latest posts

Back