Hey from Arkansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lnxusr

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just found this place yesterday and decided to join up. I'm new, REALLY new, to brewing - I'm four days into my first batch with a Mr. Beer. If I like it, I'll go "real time" with 5 gallon stuffs after I finish the second kit.

Why do I want to get into brewing my own? Well, couple of reasons. One, in this backwards butt state of mine, we still have dry counties, and my county and the three surrounding happen to be four of them. Have to go 30 miles to reach the nearest store. Two, I like the micro brew and premium commercial beers, they're a bit on the expensive side though. I figure if I can brew my own and get close to the quality, I'll save a load and be happy..

Welcome to the site! Best bits of brewing knowledge around can be found here. I'm from the Little Rock area if you ever want to brew. Central Arkansas Fermenters is a good local club if you're near Little Rock. We have monthly competitions and are working on a judging training program. Ask Mike or Jeff at Fermentables in NLR.

Terje

Back