Brewday pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
Hmmm... I could have sworn that I took a bunch of pics Sunday when I was brewing, but I guess this is all I have.

Not much, but you can all see the awesomeness of my ghetto setup.

First my score from World Market the day before (I must say that the Schwarzbier is awesome):

2-20-09007.jpg

Dopplebock on the right, Northern German Alt on the left (Aromatic/Cascade SMaSH not pictured). Ya, that bucket is almost full... 23.5# of grain.

2-20-09002.jpg

Northern German Alt is boiling and I'm heating the strike water for the Dopplebock. I had some scrap pieces of steel cut to put under the outlet valves of my kettles. Two burners and 2 kettles makes it fairly easy to slam out multiple batches in a session. I also have a small 5.5g pot for heating smaller volumes of water.

The giant red thing on top of the mower is an inflatable ball that the kids can get inside then I can toss them aroud the yard. Man that's fun.
2-20-09003.jpg

End of the 3-brew session. This is what's left after I bottled my Sticke Alt, kegged a Cali Common & an APA and moved my Biere de Garde up to the kegerator to force carb.

2-20-09009.jpg

Nice score at the store. What purpose does the scrap sheet metal under the valves serve?

Yup, heat shield. I get those Banjo 210k burner going and they scream. 1 melted plastic blichmann handle cover was enough for me. Plus when I've brewing by myself I grab the 20g kettle by a handle and the outlet. I found out the hard way that I needed a way to keep that thing a little bit cooler. :D

Latest posts

Back