Danby converted to dual faucets has foaming problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sogrady

Reaction score
Bought a Danby DKC645BLS single faucet kegorator in February and liked it so much I just upgraded it to a two faucet system. Perlick faucets, in case that matters.

With a single faucet, the unit poured more or less perfectly. Since upgrading to two taps, however, the beer is pouring not only foamy but almost pressurized. Flow is much higher velocity than normal. I haven't chaged the PSI - it's around 10 - but with the two taps I'm wondering if I need to.

The new setup, just in case it's important, is a gas line into the fridge, where it's then split with a F valve into two gas lines, which of course are piped into the coupler.

Any thoughts or recommendations on fixes - shortening hose length, lowering pressure, whatever - would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it does prove to be a diameter issue, any recommendations on a fix?

You need the line to provide enough resistance to slow the beer down so that the CO2 stays in solution. For most set-ups this means either ~6-12' of 3/16" ID beer line, or 25'+ of 1/4" ID line. If you do have short 1/4" ID lines, the fix is to replace them with 3/16" ID lines.

Agreed with JuanMoore above me -- the fix is to replace them.

I did check the same seller on another item (their 3-tap tower), and the description for that says that they use 3x 5' lengths of 3/16" tubing. So they clearly know the difference. If they sent you 1/4" tubing, it might have been by mistake and you might be able to get the seller to replace it.

Back