I love spring!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the reason I love spring!

DSCF0673.JPG

and

DSCF0667.JPG

On the dog's right are my cascade hops, just starting up the trellis.

The bad news is that it's going to be 27 degrees tonight, so we are covering all of our plants and hoping that our fruit trees' blossoms don't freeze.

You love spring because you have your very own mosquito factory? ;)

Well, no. The fish in the pond eat the mosquitoes, and the waterfall makes really cool trickling noises. There are quite a few fish in there, believe it or not. One pond is about 4 feet deep, the other is about 3 feet deep.

Next week, when my new burner comes, I'll be doing a 10 gallon batch out there, and using some of the water out of the chiller to top up the pond and water the flowers and garden!

I love spring because the skirts get shorter and the twins come out to play :D

I need to do some brewing outdoors, too. Just bought a trellis for my Brewer's Gold (I'm told it's a dwarf.) The hops are looking great already.

Spring was great last weekend (all three days of it), unfortunately my back was out and I missed it. Now it's summer: 95F, no humidity, and the sun pounding down. People here are mowing the hay fields and baling in two days (normally about a week).

The weather-guessers are speculating T-storms tomorrow. I wish! Love them, even though I'm guaranteed to lose power if there is a lightening strike within 20 miles of the house.

Spring has definitely come to us, and it's definitely still very cool. I'm ready for summer, though, and putting away my winter weight long johns, and getting out the summer weight ones.

Up here, we really look forward to summer! And, if it falls on a Saturday, we have a picnic.

Spring has definitely come to us, and it's definitely still very cool.

Sounds like my kind of place! I could get a sunburn by the light of the full moon. :drunk:

We drove up to Mackinac Island about 10 years ago, it was August and I was wearing a sweatshirt! Was probably 95° back here.

Looks like a wonderful place to be! It's already pretty brutally hot here in NC, but the Chinook and Hallertuaer are doing well. Something, yet undetermined, mowed ALL my Cascades. Oh well, who cares, it's Spring, right? Nice pics Yoop!:mug: P.S. Nice pooch. Is that a yellow lab? Duh, looks like it!!:D

Back