ISO: Fantome dregs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
I am doing a small scaled Farmhouse Ale experiment, looking to add an experimental group that contains Fantome dregs. Unfortunately, none of my go-to liquor stores in MA have received any Fantome since the fall.

Anyone have some Fantome dregs that they would be willing to trade for beer or other cultures?

I've got a handful of the ECY sour blends, alongside some wild yeast I've had isolated by Bootleg.

I am about to keg a saison that I used a starter from fantome dregs. I could bottle some up for you.

I'm pretty sure my local shop has a bottle or 2 of Fantome i could send you. PM if interested.

Might not be exactly what you are looking for but I have some RVA-263, which is fantome's sacc saison strain. I could build some up for you and I'd be down to trade for something weird. Let me know if you are interested.

I just used rva-263 and ti was good, but didnt have the funk that I associate with fantome. Im guessing its like their main strain they use, but not everything that makes their signature funk. It fermented typically dry, with a peppery earthy finish. Little to no fruit flavors even from fermenting past 90F

I just used rva-263 and ti was good, but didnt have the funk that I associate with fantome. Im guessing its like their main strain they use, but not everything that makes their signature funk. It fermented typically dry, with a peppery earthy finish. Little to no fruit flavors even from fermenting past 90F

I can assure you there is not one strain in ANY of those bottles. Fantome bottles, from my extensive experience of streaking them out, are absolute microbial zoos. Most plates I've streaked from Fantome bottles look like something out of a horror film, and many times look more wild that the wildest lambic plate I've experienced.

Back