confused

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
So my first beer ever sat in the primary for two weeks and bottled for one week. I was told to try one every week tell three weeks when they are ready. Problem is it is good after one week :)

Good at one week = GREAT at 3+ weeks.

But, it's your first batch, you have first batch privileges to drink whenever you like. Pipeline makes patience far easier.

Yes, after a week it is beer.

The idea is so a new brewer can learn patients. I did it and found now it is much easier to wait and reap the benefits of a fully aged brew. You will also then understand what some mean when they say it tastes green. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how much better it gets with a little more time.

I have some that are almost 5 months old. Not bad since I have only been brewing for 9 months. I did sample one of my latest brews last week that was only 4.5 days in the bottle. It had a salty taste when bottled and I had to see if it had improved. It was green but had lost the salty taste. The rest will set until Thanksgiving and beyond. It is my own recipe. It is a Robust Honey Barrel Porter and will be a beer I can truly be thankful for.

I only plan to drink one more at two weeks then its a free for all Halloween night for the rrst

already made three others sitting in their fermentors, plus one mr beer

you remind me of me..4 batches in primary right now...just bottled one and brewing at least one batch tomorrow...plus a batch of skeeter pee in primary along with an apfelwein and 4 batches of wine... I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!...oh yeah that does not count the cases I have stored away that are ready to drink.

Back