Wow an immersion pump makes a big difference.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got it a couple weeks ago and this was my first time using it. Not only did I not have to drag the garden hose out but I could recirc ice water through it from the ice bath the pot was sitting in. Cooled it in around ten minutes. I imagine once I tweak the method I can get that down some more too.

Oh and it is handy for filling mop buckets or using as a hose in the kitchen too, lol.

EDIT: This is used in conjunction with my immersion chiller of course. The avg water temps where I live are terrible for cooling down to pitching temps... this thing made life so much easier.

Do you have an item # or part # from somewhere? I went in to Lowe's a while back to look for that popular pump that most folks on here are using, but I could not find it.

Thanks!

I'd check Harbor Freight Tools. They seem to have pumps that are half the price and twice the GPH... What size pump (GPH) are you using to do this? Also, did you just get one of those landscaping pond fountain/waterfall pumps?

Hydroponic/pond type pump... 396 gph with 6.3 ft. max height. The one I got was from Amazon so I could get it shipped free but for some reason I can't find that one now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018X2XT4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It comes with a bunch of different fittings that made life much easier. With one of the fittings I attached 1/2" ID tubing then put a male garden hose fitting from Home Depot on the other end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats good for a glycol circulation pump. I have a 50 gallon drop in stainless vat that fits in my deep freeze. A temp controller keeps it 35 degrees, and circulates the glycol water mixture through my copper coils in my 60 gallon fermies.

Yeah I have no complaints with mine but that one looks great. Mine pumps water through quick enough but you can always throttle it back and have the power should you need it for anything else... like emptying a pool. :p

Back