is this a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkrausen

Reaction score
I am wanting to make the jump to kegging for various reasons and ran across someone selling a corney keg and regulator for $85. This seems like a good deal but I thought I'd ask before I pull the trigger. I'm planning on picking it up today if it's still available. I have a nut Brown ale that will be ready in a couple of weeks that I'm itching to keg. Here's a link. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/2941985546.html
Thanks

If it came with the co2 tank yes..but I already asked about it and it doesnt come with the co2 tank.

Its right at retail price in my opinion. ($30-$40 for the keg....$30-$40 for the regulator...$10 for the rest) I have paid way less for the same.

good to see KC in the house :)

Thank you for the quick responses. For some reason it sounded like a good deal at the time. Maybe I just got a little excited when I saw it posted. Thanks for the link Deuce. I may just get some from there, I will check the LHBS's in the area first though. I have been going to Homebrew Proshoppe in Olathe and Bacchus and Barleycorn in Shawnee. Are there any other local ones you guys go to?

Usually for all kegging equipment I go to the link I provided you. All other equipment I have been going to www.rebelbrewer.com. As far as ingredients go, I order all my hops in bulk from www.hopsdirect.com, and get in on local group buys for base malt. I usually get all my specialty malts, yeast, specialty hops, odds and ends from my LHBS.

mrkrausen said:
Thank you for the quick responses. For some reason it sounded like a good deal at the time. Maybe I just got a little excited when I saw it posted. Thanks for the link Deuce. I may just get some from there, I will check the LHBS's in the area first though. I have been going to Homebrew Proshoppe in Olathe and Bacchus and Barleycorn in Shawnee. Are there any other local ones you guys go to?

You will over pay at Bacchus and Homebrew ProShoppe even more. You can find cheaper on eBay or other online vendors. Keg connection is a good place check out the vendor showcase section they are always running specials.

You live up North? Join the Northland Brew Crew on Facebook on of our members was selling ball locks for $35 not sure if he sold them all

did you to low ball this guy I would and send him a link to the retail prices

Back