Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andre Agassi said:
Im willing to trade david carr and/or eddy kennison or maybe eric parker for a decent QB or running back...make me an offer wr's are all I got.

oh yeah im NY GOOMBAHS

Any interest in Vick or Dunn?

the_bird said:
How 'bout everyone change their title to the team name? I think almost everyone is a Gold or Platinum supporter. Do that at least until we all get them memorized.

Good idea. Done.:rockin:

rdwj said:
Any interest in Vick or Dunn?

I have interest in Dunn. Dunn and Driver are both ranked about the same. Every place I read seems to talk about Driver as a sleeper this year, I just have too many wideouts. I ain't giving him away, though.

You consider Dunn for Driver?

the_bird said:
I have interest in Dunn. Dunn and Driver are both ranked about the same. Every place I read seems to talk about Driver as a sleeper this year, I just have too many wideouts. I ain't giving him away, though.

You consider Dunn for Driver?

How about Driver and Maroney for Dunn and Holmes?

Nah, Maroney's my wildcard this year.

I think I'm gonna stand pat. Fred Taylor's Groin will be good for a while, he won't get a strain until week six or so. By that time, Maroney will be ready to step up (Corey Dillon is toast). Kevin Jones, well, he sucks, but you never know what will happen to an offense when Mike Martz is involved.

Hell with it, I'm going Arena-League on y'all a*ses. Three 1,200 - 1,500 yard receivers? Works for me.

the_bird said:
Nah, Maroney's my wildcard this year.

I think I'm gonna stand pat. Fred Taylor's Groin will be good for a while, he won't get a strain until week six or so. By that time, Maroney will be ready to step up (Corey Dillon is toast). Kevin Jones, well, he sucks, but you never know what will happen to an offense when Mike Martz is involved.

Hell with it, I'm going Arena-League on y'all a*ses. Three 1,200 - 1,500 yard receivers? Works for me.

Ya, I kinda figured he'd be your "boy" being that he's on your home team and all

I just know how quickly Dillon has started looking his age. Someone's got to get the handoffs in NE, Kevin Faulk can't be the every-down back.

Walker-san said:
Sam Gado rocks, man! One of the greatest stories of recent NFL history!

-walker

Wow, you must be a relative or something. I'll give you Gado for Clayton.

rdwj said:
How about Driver and Maroney for Dunn and Holmes?

I'll take Holmes but only if you throw in Curtis Martin and Dominick Davis!

HurricaneFloyd said:

come on man! he averaged over 4 yards/carry last year (MORE than enough to drive down the field) and he was just supposed to be on the friggin practice squad!

HurricaneFloyd said:

Either that or remind me not to play poker with Walker. Gado was a nice success story last year though.

Andre Agassi said:
Michael Vick right? (this isnt a trick question)...Who do you want ? Ill give you Carr and either kennison or i bruce

Kennison and Carr for Vick?

Sounds like a win-win! Deal!

Walker-san said:
come on man! he averaged over 4 yards/carry last year (MORE than enough to drive down the field) and he was just supposed to be on the friggin practice squad!

I guess he can just stop playing and go straight to Canton!

And the Packers won how many games last year?

Ahhh...I feel a little better about my team now....my 2 waiver requests went through. Some depth.

I have Williamson in all 6 of my leagues now, so that means he'll be benched by the Vikings after 2 weeks. :rolleyes:

Ok did I get kicked out already? I tried to go to the league page and it says I don't belong? WTF:drunk:

edit thought maybe my cookies cleared out somehow but I tried to log in manually and get the message that either the league is not in pre draft mode or it is full. Are we in some kind of blackout due to the game tonight?

edit#2 OK I went to my Yahoo home page and clicked on the link to the league from there and now I'm in. I think I need a beer:tank:

rdwj said:
Kennison and Carr for Vick?

Sounds like a win-win! Deal!

Hey Rot-gut,

Looks to me like you've got three really good RBs but could use some help at WR. I've got Larry Fitzgerald (1,400+ yards last year), one of the Tier I receivers out there. I'll give you Fitzgerald for Willis McGahee, but I need something else (Fitz was ranked #9 pre-draft, versus #25 for McGahee) - maybe swap tight ends?

Alternatively, I've got Donald Driver - #32 pre-draft, gonna catch a lot of balls from Favre this year - straight up for McGahee, or maybe work something out for Warrick Dunn? Any interest in exploring something along those lines?

man, you guys know a lot more about this crap than I do. either it's my brain malfunctioning or I'm just stupid, but I can't figure out how to change my team at all.

-walker

Walker-san said:
man, you guys know a lot more about this crap than I do. either it's my brain malfunctioning or I'm just stupid, but I can't figure out how to change my team at all.

-walker

I have no clue WTF I'm doing either. The only Fantasy Football I've ever done involved my wife wearing a cheerleader's uniform.
I might just stand pat the first week and see how things shake out.
Jeff

I'm a noob as well but have been prowling on the site. To change your players click the my team link. Here you can bench, switch around who is on your active roster for the week. That's also where you can drop/add players, add some to a watch list and propose trades to your fellow managers. You can look at years past if players have years in the league to see how your guys have done.

Another locale I found nice is the Tools area. Most you have to pay for but the sit/start area shows what others are doing. They also have a recommend how to set your guys up area but I'm taking that with a grain-o-salt. They recommend me bench my rook Jennings who has been bumped to starting W/R for the Pack and led the league in pre-season receiving (??). He was also actively picked up by 5000+ people because of this news. They also said start Addai who average 1.6 yards per carry in pre-season (??). I think Dude is making these recommendations personally ;).

That's all I'm sharing for the year :D. I think I might already like this and it hasn't even started yet.

the_bird said:
Hey Rot-gut,

Looks to me like you've got three really good RBs but could use some help at WR. I've got Larry Fitzgerald (1,400+ yards last year), one of the Tier I receivers out there. I'll give you Fitzgerald for Willis McGahee, but I need something else (Fitz was ranked #9 pre-draft, versus #25 for McGahee) - maybe swap tight ends?

Alternatively, I've got Donald Driver - #32 pre-draft, gonna catch a lot of balls from Favre this year - straight up for McGahee, or maybe work something out for Warrick Dunn? Any interest in exploring something along those lines?

I'm thinking I like my balance right now. I have 3 solid backs and with the addition of Kennison, I have a decent core of W/R. The nice thing is that I'll be able to absorb an injury pretty well at either position.

I think I'm going to stand pat unless I get an offer I can't refuse.

rdwj said:
I'm thinking I like my balance right now. I have 3 solid backs and with the addition of Kennison, I have a decent core of W/R. The nice thing is that I'll be able to absorb an injury pretty well at either position.

I think I'm going to stand pat unless I get an offer I can't refuse.

Fair 'nuff. I'm not making any stupid offers until I start drinking!

Fitzgerald and the Tenne TE are facing San Fran and the J-E-T-S this weekend, so I'm expecting both to put up some good numbers for me this weekend. I love my WRs, I just wish I had someone else at RB; I'd be more comfortable with a little more balance on my roster.

Did Madden just say, "The question is, can Ronnie Brown take the whole load?"

:D

Well almost the end of the first half and Ward has been no factor for Pitt. Should have rested him and his hammy. And Bird. your D just gave up a TD

edit: yoo hoo Ward TD yoo hoo

Grumble grumble....Culpepper.....grumble grumble....Miami D...... :mad:

I swear to God, Willie Parker hadn't done NUTHIN' tonight until SWMBO looked up from the computer and asked how he was doing (she knows I'm matched with Dude and therefore rooting against him); literally before the words are out of her mouth, he's busting off that twenty-yard run.

There goes my lead...:rolleyes:

Anyway, nice to have some football again, even if Pitt's about to give up another TD.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I have no clue WTF I'm doing either.

maybe not, jeff... but at the moment, you are winning. You've got Ronnie Brown (RB/Mia) and Heath Miller (TE/Pitt), and you've netted 9 points between the two of them in the first half of tonight's game.

Walker-san said:
wow... talking **** already... i like you, bird.

Figured there was a VERY good chance that five minutes when Pitt had a sack and no one else had accumulated 20 yards rushing or receiving would be the ONLY time I'd be in first place...

Walker-san said:
maybe not, jeff... but at the moment, you are winning. You've got Ronnie Brown (RB/Mia) and Heath Miller (TE/Pitt), and you've netted 9 points between the two of them in the first half of tonight's game.

you are DOMINATING now, thanks to Brown's two TDs.

Latest posts

Back