Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the status here? We pretty much *need* to auto-draft at this point. I say we set it up to autodraft either late this afternoon, or at the very latest midnight tonight. That'll give us a couple days to get our rosters finalized, maybe make one or two trades, pick up a free agent or two.

Are people ready to go?

Yeah, so was I, but it's still set up for an off-line draft. No picks have yet occured. Maybe Dude lost power again!

I really wanted to do a live draft, but it's just not happening. Oh well, it'll be a blast regardless.

Ya, I was looking forward to making my own picks too. I didn't care if it was live or in a thread - I just wanted to manually pick my roster.

Still - I agree - It will be fun.

The roster by the end of the season will likely bear little resemblance to the one you drafted. It's all about the adjustments you make along the way.

the_bird said:
The roster by the end of the season will likely bear little resemblance to the one you drafted. It's all about the adjustments you make along the way.

How do undrafted players work? Can you just drop one of your guys and pick him up?

I don't know, I've never done this (but I know that it is done). I don't know if we are drafting our entire roster (including the bench) or if we can (and need to) pick up undrafted players. I know there is a waiver system; when your star player has a bad week and you panic and dump him, I can pick him up just in time to knock the snot out of you the following week. :D

rdwj said:
How do undrafted players work? Can you just drop one of your guys and pick him up?

all undrafted players (and all free agents during the season) go on waivers for 2 days (I think, this # is set by the commisioner). Everyone is able to submit a waiver claim for any player. All teams are ranked, either by reverse draft order OR the team that did the worst that week. These teams have 1st shot at the first waiver pick and then it goes down the line. So, after the draft, pick #14 in round 1 would have the #1 waiver pick, then 13, 12, 11, and so on. If you were draft pick #13, you will have the 2nd waiver pick so if you put a claim in for Cedric Benson and pick #14 did not, then you will get Benson.

Alright - I've got my hat...

4365-rotten_thumb.jpg

Let's get this show on the road!!

So, any idea when the draft happens? Looks like it's all set to go, is it all dependant on when Yahoo! decides to run us through their servers?

We're just a couple of bitches, aren't we?

Dude, if I haven't made this clear - THANK YOU for setting this up, I think it's a great idea.

You know the other thing we should do some night? There's got to be a way to set up a private table and play poker, isn't there, through Yahoo! Games or something? That could be a blast.

the_bird said:
So, any idea when the draft happens? Looks like it's all set to go, is it all dependant on when Yahoo! decides to run us through their servers?

It'll happen tonight. Every other yahoo autopick league I've ever been in will draft after midnight on the day you change the status to READY. We'll be able to see our teams in a few hours. Should give us all enough time to make sure our rosters are updated before Thursday.

I got Fred Taylor's groin!

I'm not TOO displeased with the draft, given my draft status. I'm not too upset being the last pick, hell, I'm used to it having been a fan of the team that has won three of the past five Super Bowls :D

I am, however, in the market for a running back, if anyone's looking for a swap.

Dude:
Coach Lombardi
1. (7) R. Johnson
2. (22) C. Williams
3. (35) W. Parker
4. (50) P. Burress
5. (63) A. Johnson
6. (78) T. Green
7. (91) L. Smith
8. (106) Tampa Bay
9. (119) D. Akers
10. (134) B. Favre
11. (147) V. Morency
12. (162) B. Edwards
13. (175) M. Stover

EDIT: You're probably home by now (and asleep), I'm an idiot.

I already had to drop a RB too Bird. Got Davis from Houston who's on IR for the year. Also got a couple of iffy's for the first week. All in all ok, I'm not sure where I drafted, got to look closer when I get home tonightsince all fantasy stuff is blocked at work.

Thanks for posting, yes I'm home now....

I like my team--I'm really deep at RB but I could use a star WR and I'd feel better.
I have a feeling depth in this league is going to hurt us. Injuries could kill a team.

Bird, I'm not sure of oyur team name--but I might be interested in a WR/RB swap. No back on my roster is untouchable--but I'll let you (and anyone else who wants to trade) know--I'm gonna have to get a knock-out good offer to part with Rudi Johnson.

Edit: okay...bird is more__Bruschi.....hmmm...you are loaded at WR, and I'm loaded at RB.....

Ugh..... my team sucks.

Sam Gado and Mewelde Moore? Wow.... thanks Yahoo.

My team seems ok to me... I got to take a peek this morning, but am now behind the mighty work firewall.

Thanks for setting this up Dude!

Ya, seriously Dude, you are my hero of all things fantasy-football related.

Meanwhile, I think (Despite picking 13th) I didn't come out too bad in this-here draft...

QB- Eli Manning
WR- Torry Holt
WR- REGGIE Brown (wrong damned brown, AND wrong damned Reggie)
RB- Corey Dillon- don't know much about him, he looks ok
RB- Cedric Benson- if he holds up, it should be good
TE- Todd Heap- If he's good, my opponents will be in a HEAP of trouble... ahahaha
W/R- Michael Clayton... ?... why?
...then some other dudes that don't matter much, except for Randle El...
K- Rackers (I've got him in 2 leagues now- let's hope he's up to it!)
Def- Chicago (Woop!)

Dude said:
Thanks for posting, yes I'm home now....

I like my team--I'm really deep at RB but I could use a star WR and I'd feel better.
I have a feeling depth in this league is going to hurt us. Injuries could kill a team.

Bird, I'm not sure of oyur team name--but I might be interested in a WR/RB swap. No back on my roster is untouchable--but I'll let you (and anyone else who wants to trade) know--I'm gonna have to get a knock-out good offer to part with Rudi Johnson.

Edit: okay...bird is more__Bruschi.....hmmm...you are loaded at WR, and I'm loaded at RB.....

Yeah, I'll take a look later on this morning and maybe something can be worked out. I've got what I think were two of the three best WRs in the draft, and who the hell is Favre going to throw to besides Donald Driver? All three of my top WRs, I think, are going for 1,000+ this year (two of them with an outside shot at 1,500).

But going into the season with Kevin Jones and Fred taylor's Groin (his official name) as my lead backs? Nope.

Watch, though - Laurence Mauroney (sp? I should know that...) is this year's sleeper. He'll be starting by week 4, if not sooner; Corey Dillon is D-U-N done.

Alrighty, Dude, simple proposal:

Willie Parker (who you aren't even starting) for Donald Driver (who would be your #1 or #2 WR). C'mon, you need your boy on the team - you KNOW Favre's gonna be chucking his way ALL SEASON LONG.

Who cares if 40 of those tosses land in the opposition's hand? Oh, that's right - you drafted Favre. Better hope Trent Green stays healthy - those -2 INTs will start adding up mighty quick. :D

Never playing FFB before this should be interesting. I'm liking my WR's with Smith, Harrison and my homer/dark horse G Jennings (GB). But my QB's of Kurt "I'm Hurt" Warner and the Unknown Rivers? I got 4 rookies... 2 of which are my running backs (Bush and Addai) and Jennings and Rivers.

Again, could be interesting or a debacle.

Anyone, I know the little post it note next to the players is news/notes. What does the red splotch on the left corner of the note signify? I can't figure that one out...

desertBrew said:
Never playing FFB before this should be interesting. I'm liking my WR's with Smith, Harrison and my homer/dark horse G Jennings (GB). But my QB's of Kurt "I'm Hurt" Warner and the Unknown Rivers? I got 4 rookies... 2 of which are my running backs (Bush and Addai) and Jennings and Rivers.

Again, could be interesting or a debacle.

Anyone, I know the little post it note next to the players is news/notes. What does the red splotch on the left corner of the note signify? I can't figure that one out...

I was looking at your team--right now I think you are the favorite. Your WRs are awesome, and you've got a couple of darekhorses at RB that are intriguing. Addai may not play much at first, but hes prolly worth keeping. Bush will be a monster. I have him in 2 other leagues.

Do we get a prize for last place:D . My RBs suck other than the rook for Carolina who may not get alot of playing time. My WRs are ok but Wards is hurting, Coles may get alot of balls thrown his was because our RBs suck. Delhomme will get ok numbers with Smith and MEshawn out there but I don't know if I like him much better than my backup McNair. Can't remember who my TE is and my kicker is a nobody. I have no hope so lets drink:mug:

Actually, I proposed that last place DOES receive a prize :D (thinking about it more for me than anyone else)...

So, Dude, what say you? You wanna boost your receiving corps with Driver, while I get your third running back? It's up to you, I'm equally happy kicking your a*s either through the air OR on the ground. :D

Quick question as I couldn't find the answer on Yahoo. What is the deadline before gameday for taking guys from the bench to active? Smith pulled a hami and is now questionable for Sunday. Anyone want to trade for him? <kidding>

Who are the Really Rottens? I see three decent RBs, but a need for some help at the wideout spot. I've got some depth at the latter; wanna explore a trade?

I'm the Really Rottens....

I'm willing to listen to any decent offers for one of my backs.

I think a list of who is who would be helpful. Anyone have a HBT nickname to teamname sheet??

Im willing to trade david carr and/or eddy kennison or maybe eric parker for a decent QB or running back...make me an offer wr's are all I got.

oh yeah im NY GOOMBAHS

How 'bout everyone change their title to the team name? I think almost everyone is a Gold or Platinum supporter. Do that at least until we all get them memorized.

the_bird said:
How 'bout everyone change their title to the team name? I think almost everyone is a Gold or Platinum supporter. Do that at least until we all get them memorized.
done..................

the_bird said:

I was thinking the same thing. Done.

I just changed my avatar to something that ought to make it obvious. I'm not afraid to admit that moment was one of the twenty greatest in my life :D

the_bird said:
Actually, I proposed that last place DOES receive a prize :D (thinking about it more for me than anyone else)...

So, Dude, what say you? You wanna boost your receiving corps with Driver, while I get your third running back? It's up to you, I'm equally happy kicking your a*s either through the air OR on the ground. :D

I'll pull the trigger on that trade if you change it to one of your other 2 starting WRs. Points projections doesn't make that current trade seem very fair. Parker will have bigger numbers this year because Bettis is gone--which means he'll get the ball near the goal line.

BTW--I do have Parker starting.

Eh, gonna stand pat then. Those are arguably two of the four best WRs available, Willie Mo is barely a top-10 RB. I can start Driver, too.

Back