Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bird, you bastid!! How could you pick up Penny? You no good rotten Pat's fan. #@%&*%$(*&^&^&(()$@#$@%

Oh hell, my own fault for being slow. Trade you Delhomme for him even up?
****, if the the game wasn't this week end I was going to see if you wanted to meet in a neutral site to watch it but I have a family thing going on Sunday.

by the way did I call you a rotten Bastid ??:D :D

Very simple trade.

I need a good TE. Gimme Crumpler. Penny's back, Penny's gonna have a good season, as a Pats fan this makes me nervous. He's prolly gonna throw for 300 yards against us next week, our defensive backfield is still pretty bad. But, I'd still rather take my chances with Hasselback. Just can't make myself root for the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS under any circumstances (I'm sure you understand ;)).

You then need a TE, I've got two on the roster - someone from the Titans I don't know, and Jeremey Stevens from the 'Hawks. The latter has some kind of minor injury, nothing too bad, and he's a pretty talented guy. Second part of the trade is either of my TEs for Mike Bell.

So, what say you? Penny and Stevens for Crumpler and Bell? Penny will save your damn season, both in real and fantasy football.

i'm looking for a running back over here. my team sucks (but they still scored more points than Dude's and Floyd's teams.:rockin:)

the_bird said:
D'Bricks, I'll also take Shaun Alexander off your hands if you'd rather have your boy Penny.

Bird, you really need to add the smiley:D when you crack jokes like this:D

While I like Pennington, I'm not all that eager to move 2 of my best producers for another QB and a TE who isn't playing right now. I will ponder your offer though and may make a counter offer tonight after I get home from work.

Fair 'nuff.

The guy on your roster I'm most interested in is Crumpler, he's pretty much got to be in a deal, but the other parts are up for discussion. We could do something straight-up, but that leaves you with a hole at the TE spot. Bell's coming off the bench, making him not worth all that much as a fantasy play (but I'll be honest, I'm trying to improve upon my Kevin Jones spot).

You've got some WR depth, too, which I have lost since I dropped Joe Jeruvicious sp?).

Give it some thought, toss me a prop, and we'll go from there.

Walker-san said:
i'm looking for a running back over here. my team sucks (but they still scored more points than Dude's and Floyd's teams.:rockin:)

I might be able to help you out - let me take a look at what you have on your team later

'Scuse me, I could use a RB as well. What are you looking for in return?

Need a QB? Pennington's back, he looked phe-f*ckin'-nomenal in week 1, he's available for the right price. I'd consider holding onto him and letting go of Hasselback, as well.

You can't really be thinking about not upgrading over Bledsoe or Carr, are you?

the_bird said:
You can't really be thinking about not upgrading over Bledsoe or Carr, are you?

I think I'm good at QB. I'm probably most interested in Shockey, but I kinda doubt he's interested in moving him.

Shockey's good, but he's over-rated.

After having watched Drew Bledsoe for far too long, I would recommend that you *not* get your hopes up too high when he's the key to your season. Just sayin', I'm sure BostonBrewin' can back me up on this ;)

Ok, being a noob on FFB, is it normal for this much trading/posturing throughout the season or is this just the way it works in the beginning? You'all seem like women at a shoe sale :p.

I'm just trying to get my team in order, I have a couple areas I perceive as holes that I want to fill. Once I get the TE and RB spots improved a little, I'll settle down.

But, I'm also an impatient f*ck. I see something shiny, I want it. I'm just like a little kid :D

Walker-san said:

Good first week. The 2-3 strongest teams did well, as i expected would happen.

I lost my QB and had a couple of guys that may have started slow, but will rebound. Carnell Williams, Willie Parker and Rudi Johnson will be workhorses for me all year, despite the slow starts. I'm weak at QB and it seems we don't have much depth there. I'm gonna have to live with Favre's inconsistency both in real life and fantasy life I guess.

I am actually happy with my team. I'll be there at the end. :)

Funny, I have 6 FFB teams this year, and this is the only team that lost this week. 5 of 6 ain't bad. :D

the_bird said:
Think he regrets coming back for one last season?

I had to laugh when he said he was 99.9% sure he'd finish his career with the Packers. He's just completely delusional at this point; other than the Raiders, can you think of a single other team in the NFL that would sign Favre to be their QB next year? He's regressing. Any team that is in serious title contention likely already has a QB in place, and any team that's rebuilding wants to get a young guy. Someone said something about the Pack trading Favre while he still has a lot of value, and I almost pissed myself.

The *only* team in the league that would go for Favre right now - and it would not surprise me in the least to see this happen - is the Raiders. Hell, they gave Jeff George a shot!

The Pack really ought to try and make this trade happen. I could easily see them giving up a first rounder for Favre, they've never really cared for rebuilding and Favre's jacking up bombs fits in perfectly with the Raider Way. It would suck to see him in another uniform, but the GB fans have got to be smart enough to know that they absolutely have to rebuild, that they have noshot at being good again in the next couple years. They'll still show up at the games. They really need to see whether Rogers (that his name?) is any good, or if they need to go in another direction.

It would have nice if Favre's ego would have allowed him to truly mentor Rogers along, to let him get some playing time, to fade into a backup role as a respect elder statement. Instead, he's become a joke.

At least he'll still be forcing balls into Donald Driver all year, bully for me. :D

That is 100% crapola.

The Packers got beat by the best damn defense and special teams in the league. Favre did pretty damn well considering. Did you realize they have 22 rookies on a 53 man roster? Wins won't happen overnight. I expect some rough games this year, but I don't look at it as bleakly as everyone else does.

All of these people who are bashing Favre are clueless, IMHO. I'd take Favre over 20 other starting QBs in the league. Go through them, you'll probably realize the same thing. It is the "flavor of the week" to bash #4, but without him the Packers would be even worse.

Delusional? :rolleyes:

29 picks last year, my friend. 29.

You're right - GB does have an extremely young squad. They are in the process of rebuilding.

So why the hell is Favre getting the snaps instead of Rogers?

Dude said:
I'd take Favre over 20 other starting QBs in the league. Go through them, you'll probably realize the same thing.

funniest thing I've read all day. Which 12 starting QB's would you not take over Fav-ruh?

..... and yes, you are delusional. :D

HurricaneFloyd said:
funniest thing I've read all day. Which 12 starting QB's would you not take over Fav-ruh?

..... and yes, you are delusional. :D

Tom Brady
Trent Green
Donovan McNabb
Eli Manning
Ben Roethlisberger
Carson Palmer
Jake Delhomme
Ben Roethlisberger
Peyton Manning
Phillip Rivers
Drew Brees
Matt Hasselback

And here are the rest.

Mark Brunell
Rex Gossman
Marc Bulger
Byron Leftwich
Steve McNair
Daunte Culpepper
Michael Vick
Alex Smith
Chris Simms
Jon Kitna
Jake Plummer
Chad Pennington
J.P. Losman
Charlie Frye
David Carr
Billy Volek
Aaron Brooks
Drew Bledsoe
Brad Johnson
Kurt Warner

Yeah, these guys have really lit it up for the past 5 years. :rolleyes:

Even with 29 INTs last year, Favre still has better stats than half of these punks. You can argue this with me all day long. I wouldn't take any of these guys over Brett. They've done nothing for thier teams with better talent surrounding them. Prove me wrong. Provide stats, records, intangibles, whatever, you'll never be able to provide it.

It still doesn't matter as far as the Pack is concerned.

The team's gonna suck this year, there's no way around it. Brent Favre could have a terrific year, they've got hardly anyone to help him out. He can't do it alone, and when he TRIES to do it alone, he forces the ball into coverage and makes other dumb mistakes.

So when you're looking at a top-5 pick in the draft, don't you want to know whether you need to take a QB or not?

It's time for the Pack to make a clean break from the past, to see what they really have in Rogers. If he really CAN still play (and we can disagree on this), wouldn't you like to see him throwing balls to Randy Moss? Wouldn't he be a perfect fit in Oakland? He can toss passes to Moss being triple covered and he'll still come down with it.

It would be the perfect Al Davis move to go after Favre. And yeah - he would be a HUGE improvement over Aaron Brooks, who does even more stupid things but doesn't have any of Favre's positive attributes. Favre didn't announce he was returning until way late in the offseason. I don't think the fans in GB would begrudge Favre wanting to play for a team with a better shot at winning, hell, you guys are smart, you know your football.

Cripes, the fans in Green Bay deserve better than having the team's rebuilding process needlessly delayed by another year.

Sometimes, you just have to LET GO.

the_bird said:
It still doesn't matter as far as the Pack is concerned.

The team's gonna suck this year, there's no way around it. Brent Favre could have a terrific year, they've got hardly anyone to help him out. He can't do it alone, and when he TRIES to do it alone, he forces the ball into coverage and makes other dumb mistakes.

So when you're looking at a top-5 pick in the draft, don't you want to know whether you need to take a QB or not?

It's time for the Pack to make a clean break from the past, to see what they really have in Rogers. If he really CAN still play (and we can disagree on this), wouldn't you like to see him throwing balls to Randy Moss? Wouldn't he be a perfect fit in Oakland? He can toss passes to Moss being triple covered and he'll still come down with it.

It would be the perfect Al Davis move to go after Favre. And yeah - he would be a HUGE improvement over Aaron Brooks, who does even more stupid things but doesn't have any of Favre's positive attributes. Favre didn't announce he was returning until way late in the offseason. I don't think the fans in GB would begrudge Favre wanting to play for a team with a better shot at winning, hell, you guys are smart, you know your football.

Cripes, the fans in Green Bay deserve better than having the team's rebuilding process needlessly delayed by another year.

Sometimes, you just have to LET GO.

:rolleyes: You just don't get it.

I guess I don't.

Does it really matter if you have Favre at the helm for six or seven wins, or Rogers at the helm for four or five?

Even your best-case scenario had the Pack at what, nine wins? I'd personally be shocked if they got six, but even so - nine wins is, under the absolute BEST of circumstances, the 6 seed in the playoffs, not a legitimate title contender.

You're willing to settle for being barely a playoff team, AT BEST, rather than getting reps for the QB of the future? By the time the young guys have caught up, Favre will be long gone, management will either finally grow a pair and push him out, or Al Davis will sign him. You pick.

I've watched some really, really shi*ty teams in my life, it's best to get the rebuilding process going rather than try to keep an aging star afloat. My C's tried desperately to keep going with McHale and Parrish after Bird retired, it doesn't work.

First off, what does that say to the rest of the league, to young players, to fans (especially young kids) when the Packers just dump the only player in 30 years that has been worth a ****?
It says football and specifically the Green Bay Packers has no loyalty. So a guy has a down year, you just dump him? I can't wait until Brady starts losing his skills so all the Patriot fans know how the Packer fans feel.

If Aaron Rodgers had shown ANYTHING to the Packers by now, he'd probably be starting. I do believe the Packers are allowing Favre to start because of his past, but if you believe for a second that Rodgers is a better QB than Favre right now, you are sadly mistaken.

Last, do you really think the Packers organization is stupid enough to trade Favre? The 2nd round draft pick they would get in return for him wouldn't come near the millions of dollars of revenue he brings to Green Bay, Lambeau Field, the Packer Pro Shop, etc, etc, etc.

FWIW, Favre wouldn't make it through one game with the Raiders. Worst O-line in football. Did you watch that game last night?

Bottom line is Brett had a crappy year. He also went through 6 starting RBs last season and lost his best WR in the first week. This year, he is in a completely different offensive system and they just played the best defense in the NFL in the first week. I'm not about to panic yet. I realize Favre is near the end, and I realize the Packers don't have the talent to go to the Super Bowl, but Favre is the best chance the Packers have to win in the weakest division in the NFL. I'm not ready to wave the white flag and I guarantee you 95% of Packer nation isn't either.

Dude said:
First off, what does that say to the rest of the league, to young players, to fans (especially young kids) when the Packers just dump the only player in 30 years that has been worth a ****?
It says football and specifically the Green Bay Packers has no loyalty. So a guy has a down year, you just dump him? I can't wait until Brady starts losing his skills so all the Patriot fans know how the Packer fans feel.

If Aaron Rodgers had shown ANYTHING to the Packers by now, he'd probably be starting. I do believe the Packers are allowing Favre to start because of his past, but if you believe for a second that Rodgers is a better QB than Favre right now, you are sadly mistaken.

Last, do you really think the Packers organization is stupid enough to trade Favre? The 2nd round draft pick they would get in return for him wouldn't come near the millions of dollars of revenue he brings to Green Bay, Lambeau Field, the Packer Pro Shop, etc, etc, etc.

FWIW, Favre wouldn't make it through one game with the Raiders. Worst O-line in football. Did you watch that game last night?

Bottom line is Brett had a crappy year. He also went through 6 starting RBs last season and lost his best WR in the first week. This year, he is in a completely different offensive system and they just played the best defense in the NFL in the first week. I'm not about to panic yet. I realize Favre is near the end, and I realize the Packers don't have the talent to go to the Super Bowl, but Favre is the best chance the Packers have to win in the weakest division in the NFL. I'm not ready to wave the white flag and I guarantee you 95% of Packer nation isn't either.

Amen, Dude!:rockin:

The New England Patriots may or may not win a title this year, but they will be a competitive team and are positioned to BE a competitive team for the forseeable future.

You know what the lesson of the Patriots is?

Loyalty means jack.

Drew Bledsoe? See ya.
Lawyer Malloy? Buh-bye.
Ty Law? Be sure to write.
Deion Branch? See ya on myspace.

Favre has basically held the franchise hostage over the last two offseasons by drawing out the whole "will he return or won't he?" question far too long.

What does it say to the fans if they (politely) bid farewell to Brett?

"No single player is above the team."

Is it OK if I use an aluminum brewpot? I read somewhere that aluminum may cause overzealousness when discussing hometown NFL quarterbacks. :D

Dude, you're gonna need Bart Starr this week if you want to hang with the Keg Krushers!

Wow, you can stop drinking the Kool-Aid any time now. It's over. The past 5 years don't mean crap. The past 5 years certainly didn't help them last Sunday!

You have a point on some of these guys but not all. Just based on potential and/or age I would take most of these young guys over your boy.
Mark Brunell -agree
Rex Gossman -disagree
Marc Bulger -disagree
Byron Leftwich -disagree
Steve McNair -disagree
Daunte Culpepper -disagree
Michael Vick -disagree
Alex Smith -agree
Chris Simms -disagree
Jon Kitna -agree
Jake Plummer -disagree
Chad Pennington -disagree
J.P. Losman -agree
Charlie Frye -agree
David Carr -disagree
Billy Volek -agree
Aaron Brooks -agree
Drew Bledsoe -disagree
Brad Johnson -disagree
Kurt Warner -disagree

I'd also take Cutler.

Everyone gets old and loses it, Father Time is undefeated. :(

HurricaneFloyd said:
Wow, you can stop drinking the Kool-Aid any time now. It's over. The past 5 years don't mean crap. The past 5 years certainly didn't help them last Sunday!

You have a point on some of these guys but not all. Just based on potential and/or age I would take most of these young guys over your boy.
Mark Brunell -agree
Rex Gossman -disagree
Marc Bulger -disagree
Byron Leftwich -disagree
Steve McNair -disagree
Daunte Culpepper -disagree
Michael Vick -disagree
Alex Smith -agree
Chris Simms -disagree
Jon Kitna -agree
Jake Plummer -disagree
Chad Pennington -disagree
J.P. Losman -agree
Charlie Frye -agree
David Carr -disagree
Billy Volek -agree
Aaron Brooks -agree
Drew Bledsoe -disagree
Brad Johnson -disagree
Kurt Warner -disagree

I'd also take Cutler.

Everyone gets old and loses it, Father Time is undefeated. :(

I'm delusional? Wow.....:rolleyes:

Dude said:

You know why the division is considered so weak?

Because the Packers SUCK.

How do you plan to win the division when you just lost 27-0 to the best team in it?

Anyone else out there have the NFL Network? I know DirecTV carries it, but not sure of others.

Anway... this kicks ass. They edit down and replay the 4 best Sunday games you might not have gotten to see on regular broadcast channels and show them on Tues and Wed nights. A full game with all the BS cut out... 90 minutes of pure football.

PLUS.... starting in November, they have LIVE games on Thursday and Saturday.

Add all that up and that means I can watch football 6 freaking days a week!

Sunday (regular broadcasts)
Monday (ESPN)
Tuesday (NFLNet)
Wednesday (NFLNet)
Thursday (NFLNet)
Saturday (NFLNet)

This is going to hurt my brewing. I'll only be able to brew on Fridays.

the_bird said:
You know why the division is considered so weak?

Because the Packers SUCK.

How do you plan to win the division when you just lost 27-0 to the best team in it?

WTF are you talking about? Last time I checked the Packers were only 1/4 of the division.

When did I ever say I thought they would win the division?

Can I cut someone for 1 week, then pick him back up again or wil he be fair game?

week 3 im getting screwed by the 'bye's and although ive tried getting good backups Im still short a WR and a W/R and a Defense. I dont want to cut R Moss for 1 week and then loose him to one of you scavavengers.

You can pick him back up but yes he will be on waivers and anyone ahead of you in the waiver line can get him before you.

Andre Agassi said:
Can I cut someone for 1 week, then pick him back up again or wil he be fair game?

week 3 im getting screwed by the 'bye's and although ive tried getting good backups Im still short a WR and a W/R and a Defense. I dont want to cut R Moss for 1 week and then loose him to one of you scavavengers.

I can't speak for the others but I for one won't touch him. With that offense and noone to throw it to him you may be safe.

No way. He's out there, I'm grabbing him. I would expect all of you to do the same to me if I left Chad Johnson "unprotected."

How many holes do you have on the roster for week 3?

As much as I might feel sorry for you - this IS a game and I'm trying to win. If you leave someone out there that you shouldn't, I'm gonna grab him. Heck, I'd grab someone I don't even need just to keep him away from others :D

Oh, I know. But, I'd still grab him, he'd be a much better backup than the guys I currently have on the bench. He's still Randy Moss, he'll catch some passes, all Brooks needs to do is get it high in the end zone and Moss'll make a play.

You give any thought to what you'd give up for Pennington?

Back