Hello from Central Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croid

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Must say, I'm impressed with the site. I've been reading it for days just trying to figure things out. So far, I've only talked the wife into letting me get some reading material on the subject, but I think I'm starting to wear her down.. :D

Can't wait to hopefully get started soon, seems like such a fun hobby with a great end result!

Wait a few more weeks and you can lager in your garage-- it's 45degrees for months in my garage in the midwest... perhaps keeping the brewery (mostly) out of the kitchen will be a plus....

Welcome to HBT!

The thing to do is get your wife interested in brewing. Who knows, she may surpass you like I did with my hubby. It's a great hobby to share with your spouse and you can enable each other when you're at the homebrew store.

Reading is a great start. Have you read How to Brew - By John Palmer yet? That site (and book) as well as HBT can answer any questions. Make sure to read the stickies in the beginner forum as they have tons of good info on equipment and where to buy it. Now, hurry up and start brewing!

I do agree with Nurmey, but think about this: maybe if you just cook your first batch in the kitchen then she'll let you buy the equipment you need to do it in the garage? My wife was back in Iowa last weekend with her family so I used the opportunity to cook in the empty house, but I don't think I'm going to get away with this when I try to switch to all grain.

Hey there let me know if you want to brew I am getting to do a batch up soon

Thanks guys, I can't wait to get started. I think she's finally started to crack. I've gotten the go ahead to start getting the supplies. Now I've just got to find the best deal. :)

Welcome to HBT!

The thing to do is get your wife interested in brewing. Who knows, she may surpass you like I did with my hubby. It's a great hobby to share with your spouse and you can enable each other when you're at the homebrew store.

Reading is a great start. Have you read How to Brew - By John Palmer yet? That site (and book) as well as HBT can answer any questions. Make sure to read the stickies in the beginner forum as they have tons of good info on equipment and where to buy it. Now, hurry up and start brewing!

I'm not sure your surpassed me....maybe in recipes...oh okay you did surpass me. :D

Latest posts

Back