Hello from Mobile, Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmc401

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to say I've started my newest hobby. I've wanted to start for the past few years, but it wasn't until two weekends ago when I went to a local restaraunt/brewery, that I finally committed. The next week I went to the local brew store and bought a equipment kit and ingredient kit. Currently, I have the first batch fermenting as we speak... Hopefully, all is going well.

Now, pretty much an addict of this site and can't stop reading information and learning more.. Anyways, glad to be here.

- Bmc401

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

I got started pretty much the same way as you. Wanted to do it for a long time and then just suddenly said "now is the time" and jumped in with both feet. :D

Yea.. I know what you mean. Can't stop thinking about it and reading about it. Went to the brew store yesterday and bought a second ingredient kit and some more equipment. I got hooked on the idea of using the mini kegs so I bought 4 of them and the CO2 charger and plan to use both bottles and kegs.

Once I get finished with a major school project I've been working on (next wed.), I plan to build myself one of those "Mother of a fermentation chillers". Down here, I live in an old house and can't afford to keep temperature less than 76 or 77 degrees in the house so I figured I would attempt another way at keeping the fermentation process cold.

I only recently got into kegging myself (corny kegs for me though). I looked into the mini-keg idea but it just wasn't cost effective in my opinion.

I built a son of fermentation chiller that holds 2 fermenters, I think it's probably the best thing I did to improve the quality of my beer (besides going to all-grain brewing anyway). Being able to keep the temp in the mid-60's is a huge improvement.

Latest posts

Back