Mechanical controller for heat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divrguy

Reaction score
Have a mechanical Johnson controls for turning on and off the fridge but is there the same thing for turning on and off heating? I have a cold room that I have wraps on my brew and I want to turn them on and off.

the ebay aquarium temp controller is what i am using right now. It is a two stage but I only have the heat side plugged in right now. Do a search on here, they are cheap and easy as heck to put together.

Ok so it's a Williams brewing E26 I received from a friend and it is for cooling only I guess I should invest in something that does both. The aquarium controller heavy duty enough? How about the ranco 2 stage? Seems to have good reviews too

A question about a two stage like the ranco 111000 can the probe be immersed in my brew?

dont know if the probe can be immersed. I know most tape em to the side of the carboy then cover em with bubble wrap or whatever. I don't know what the cost of the ranco is but I do know I put together the ebay one for under 50 bucks and I payed 20 bucks too much for the controller just to have it NOW. You can buy em for 23 bucks off of ebay...not sure what shipping is.. buy an extension cord and an outlet plus your choice of a project box and give yourself a half hour to an hour to get it wired and viola. The instructions are on here. There are a couple of wiring diagrams...a couple I couldn't follow, one was plain as it could be and made it a snap.

Latest posts

Back