hello from iraq

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyvette

Reaction score
yeah i'm deployed and actually haven't brewed my own yet.but i have helped one of my grandpa brew some wine and a friend brew some cider before.but i have been lurking here for a few months now.i lived in the barracks and they have a rule against having too much alcohol and no where to cook.so that kinda gets in the way of brewing alittle.but i will have my own place when i get back so i will be in full swing:ban:oh i'm stationed at fort hood

There are a great many Brew supply stores in Texas,

If you are at Fort Hood, I am sure you know of the "back road" to Austin!
So where in Iraq are you?

Welcome to the Forums! I'm sure you have been getting plenty of ideas of what you do when you come back stateside. I have a good friend that is in Afghanistan right now and a roommate in Iraq. they left about the same time so when they left we brewed a barley wine. Once they return that is getting opened and we will have a grand old time.

oh i'm stationed at fort hood

My uncle is a LTC at Ft. Hood I hope to stop by and visit sometime in the next year (later). I hope you make it back safe and if I come down we might have to swap some brew

Hello from Al Amarah, Iraq. Welcome to HBT.

ARMY SGT out of Fort Sill. Yeah, I never tried to brew on post, I allways had a place out the gates.
How long till you can do your first brew? I cant wait till I can start filling my buckets and carboys again. There is a ton of stuff to read on the net, but I bought a few homebrewing books to read while deployed as well.

i'm at taji now.i was on war eagle for awhile then i went to liberty for almost a month and now i think i'm staying here for the rest of the time.we only have about a month and a half left now.i've already bought alot of stuff online and can't wait.and yes i know all about the back road to austin.my barracks were on clear creak so it was almost a straight shot to austin

This doesnt pertain to homebrewing but I want to give a huge THANK YOU to all you troops out there! Return home safe!

Homebrewing is like sex, even if you can't do it, it's fun to talk about it.

Hope your deployment ends soon and safely. You too MP.

My uncle is a LTC at Ft. Hood I hope to stop by and visit sometime in the next year (later). I hope you make it back safe and if I come down we might have to swap some brew

yeah sure by then i should have the first few brews out the way and hopefully be good by then

This doesnt pertain to homebrewing but I want to give a huge THANK YOU to all you troops out there! Return home safe!

+1,000. Thank you for your service! Stay safe out there! :mug:

Thank you so much dor your service and sacrifice. I have a son soon to deploy to Afghanistan as an EOD team leader and realize what large sacrifices our service men and women make for our country. Thanks again and come home safe!

i'm a mechanic. i know where falcon is we had to make a few trips out there.not a bad place i guess.although i haven't really been to a good place in iraq except for maybe the green zone

Hey, Thanks for all you are doing over in Satan's Anus. I have a few friends over in Iraq / Afghanistan. Goodluck and thanks for all you have done!

i'm a mechanic. i know where falcon is we had to make a few trips out there.not a bad place i guess.although i haven't really been to a good place in iraq except for maybe the green zone

Yea I'd have to agree, you gotta be in a FOB at least right? (i.e internet access)
Ya could be in one of those tents with cots like down in Camp Liberty, where you may or may not have stopped at on the way up to Baghdad.

Oh, hey..do they still have those bazaars in the green zone?!! I used to be a tanker and worked alot with mechanics and I know they wouldn't let y'all out the gate to much, except with wreckers or something like that. Good luck?

well they've built taji up since they've shut down alot of the COP's after the surge.but i used to roll out all the time in 04.they tried to put a mechanic on each patrol.some guys broke down in the middle of Ba'quba and all hell broke lose when they couldn't hook up to the truck to pull it.and the green zone is all but shut down now from what i hear.the iraqi's have taken back most of it.but they still have LN shops all over the place.still a great place to get movies.

yeah i'm deployed and actually haven't brewed my own yet.but i have helped one of my grandpa brew some wine and a friend brew some cider before.but i have been lurking here for a few months now.i lived in the barracks and they have a rule against having too much alcohol and no where to cook.so that kinda gets in the way of brewing alittle.but i will have my own place when i get back so i will be in full swing:ban:oh i'm stationed at fort hood

Hello Speedyvette. First of all thank you for your service!!!! I live in Temple (30 miles from Ft Hood). When you get back to the Ft Hood contact me and we will have some homebrew and brew a batch. I have recently found a small brew group in the area.

Be safe and Thanks again for your service.

well they've built taji up since they've shut down alot of the COP's after the surge.but i used to roll out all the time in 04.they tried to put a mechanic on each patrol.some guys broke down in the middle of Ba'quba and all hell broke lose when they couldn't hook up to the truck to pull it.and the green zone is all but shut down now from what i hear.the iraqi's have taken back most of it.but they still have LN shops all over the place.still a great place to get movies.

Thats cool, I was there in 04 also. Who where you with at that time? Well its good to hear they bring out support on these patrols, its good to hear a unit has there %^&$ toghter. haha

Hello, and welcome from another vet. OIF3/OIF5 3/3ID. Finishing school at UH now, hung the SGT hat up.

Stay safe, come home, and brew some beer!

Back