Portland Beer Run Suggestions???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
I'm taking a work trip out to Portland OR this month, and the two ladies I'm traveling with have made it my duty to investigate the micro-brewery scene before we go.

what are the "must go to" places? And, any to avoid??

We will be staying out by the airport is that helps.

Thanks!

That map is awesome!

I had to google the MAX to find out what is was all about. Looks like we want the red line from the airport to downtown, about how long is the trip? how often do the trains roll by?

Thanks!

Trains are usually every 15minutes. It is probably 30m from the airport to downtown.

If you are here on a weekend, I highly recommend hitting the tasting room at Upright Brewing sat-sun 12-5

For breweries: Hopworks, Deschutes, Lucky Labrador NW, Bridgeport, Amnesia, Widmer Gasthaus, New Old Lompoc, and Cascade Brewing are my favorites. You can hit a lot of these from the MAX/Streetcar. There is a cluster in NW PDX of Lompoc, McMenamins, Bridgeport, Rogue, Deschutes, with baileys and henry's very near.

For beer bars: Horsebrass, Green Dragon, Bailey's Taproom, Belmont Station (also a bottleshop) ,Saraveza (also a bottleshop), and Henry's Tavern are my favorites.

I would avoid: alameda, roots, mash tun

Thanks for the tips, sounds like we are in for a good time! I'm glad I'm traveling with people who will actaully try some good beers.

Latest posts

Back