This one is for my Mom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay guys and gals, dig deep and give me your help please.

A year or so ago, my Mom and Dad came to visit for a weekend and I had bought some different craft beers for the weekend. They were for my dad and me (we're German...we drink beer). Turns out there was one beer that my Mom fell in love with.
It was a Jalapeno beer and literally had a jalapeno pepper in the bottom of each bottle. I bought it at World Market and they have since stopped selling it.

I would "like" to know the brand name to search out the beer again but more importantly, I would "love" to have a recipe for a mild mexican style ale that calls for jalapeno as an added flavor. I know that most mexican beers are lagers, but...well...I don't lager (yet). My folks are coming to visit again in a month or so and I would really score some "son" points if I handed her a homemade brew...just for her.

Sorry if I'm rambling but hey, it's Saturday night and that last bowl of white chili made me thirsty for multiple homebrews. :cross:

Only one I ever had with a pepper in the bottle was Cave Creek Chili Beer - was a clear bottle w/a pepper in it -- haven't had one since about 1993 when I used to live in Phoenix. Good luck, maybe this will help.

Well supposedly according to Alton Brown in his Amber Waves recipe, traditionally all mexican beers have a pepper in them (i know i'm going to get flak for citing alton brown's 'amber waves' episode)... I think a nice Mexican beer with a little jalapeno' pepper in the bottles would be nice from time to time... Y'know... you could get some Corona and put two drops of hot sauce in the bottle and then pour into the glass... Don't get me wrong i'm not saying lie to your mother... yeah i was... umm no idea...

aduncan75 said:
Rogue has a Chipotle Ale that's pretty good. Anyway, try this page and maybe one of them will ring a bell. Good luck!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/163/

I just saw this beer the other day and almost bought a 22 oz bottle of it. I have had Cave Creek Chili Beer and did not like it and thats what I thought of when I saw this. I saw a special on the foodnetwork about Cave Creek and they use Serrano (spelling?) Peppers not jalapenos. Jalepenos would be way to hot in my opinion.

AleHole said:
I just saw this beer the other day and almost bought a 22 oz bottle of it. I have had Cave Creek Chili Beer and did not like it and thats what I thought of when I saw this. I saw a special on the foodnetwork about Cave Creek and they use Serrano (spelling?) Peppers not jalapenos. Jalepenos would be way to hot in my opinion.

The Rogue one is interesting for sure. It has a bite, but it isn't overpowering. Definately worth picking up a Bomber and trying for once. I didn't hate it. Didn't love it either, it was just interesting.

A friend of mine works at a beer store and the last time I was there he showed me a beer with a jalapeno in the bottle. I'm swinging by there tonight, while I'm there I'll be sure to get the name of it.

SuperSlob said:
A friend of mine works at a beer store and the last time I was there he showed me a beer with a jalapeno in the bottle. I'm swinging by there tonight, while I'm there I'll be sure to get the name of it.

Thanks SS...

CIMG1707.jpg

Bought a sixer, didn't really like the taste too much.

You could make a cream ale if you don't have the equipment to lager - the taste is similar, so I'm sure it would go ok with the jalapeno. Plus, it has corn just like a Mexican lager.

Back