Another One From Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richbrew99

Reaction score
I'm in Milwaukee, homebrewed about 20 years ago and stopped. Just got back into. Doing AG, mainly ales. I've learned alot from reading posts on here the last month or so.
Rich

I am getting back into brewing for the last year or so after about 6 years not brewing, and I am amazed at how much I forgot. It is definitely not like riding a bike. The great part is the amount of information on these forums. I did not have that before, and it has really helped. Welcome back! Happy brewing!

Welcome to this little corner of insanity! Glad to see more 'Sconsinites on the board!

glenn514:mug:

I am getting back into brewing for the last year or so after about 6 years not brewing, and I am amazed at how much I forgot. It is definitely not like riding a bike.

I am new to brewing but a lot of the information I found when researching brewing was outdated. A lot seems to have changed in the last 6 years in homebrewing.

Welcome new guy. Brewing while listening to Brewers games should be a lot of fun this summer.

Thank you glenn514 and logan3825, I can't wait also for beer and baseball. Perfect way to spend a day outside. And for everyone here on this thread, what style of beer do you most like to brew?

Belgian dubbel, APA, milk stout, hefeweisse, dunkel weiss and pale ales. Dubbel because it is tough to find and expensive. Pale ales to have session beer around the house. Milk stout because it keeps SWMBO happy and out of the rest of my stock. Hefe because it is a good base for other flavors. Dunkel weiss because it is hard to find the style.

Welcome Back!

I have a similar background. Made a few extract beers about 20 years ago and was not happy with the results.

I jumped in with both feet last fall and bought a kick a** two tier all grain system and I've had fantastic results thus far.

I was excited to jump into all grain and I'm hooked. I will be stepping out of the pale ale box and will be doing a belgium tripel and a chocolate stout soon. I am also looking into a tiered system already. Thanks for all the replies!

Back