What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just think... The day will come when we will be wearing Google glasses and we won't have a choice but to scan QRCodes. Snow Crash here we come! :fro:

That is a geat book.

PhelanKA47 said:
Anyways, yeah. Brett is a reference to a friend of mine, not to Brettanomyces in case you were wondering.

This is dissapointing.

Triclamp mounted RTD with deluxe cable. This thing is nice! Love the detachable cable with braided wire sheath!

Yesterday my new STC-1000 showed up. After being originally slated to arrive some time in Jan, lost by USPS on Jan 14th, replacement finally arrived. I am so happy. I can now start brewing those lager things I hear so much about. And I will tell you this much. My Ferm Chamber Freezer has been sitting around patiently awaiting this part. Guess who is going to do some bulk brewing this week?

Parts and pieces from Stainlessbrewing for my new kettle.

- Destin

Image-L.jpg

When we were kids, if you had stickers that was better than cash. With all the money this forum has saved me with group buys and advice and good people; I wouldn't feel right about not kicking back a little money.

I got my computer upgrades delivered today, moving to a quad core AMD from an old single core amd 64. Purchased a 10 gal polar ware from my lhbs to go to full boils. I also had an interview for a job that will eventually net me a $6 hour pay bump.

Today was a good day!

New grain scale
Stainless quick disconnects
Silicon tubing
Picked up a keg for a keggle last night

Lots of good stuff today!

Rhizomes... I got rhizomes in the mail today.
Three of each:
Cascade
Tettnanger
Mt. Hood
Willamette

Got some plant'n to do this weekend.

2 pounds of centennials, 150 pounds rahr 2 row, 50pounds caramel 40l, 3 packs steady 1056, 2 liter elenmeyer flask, stir plate and bar, northern brewer 10gallin all grain system, 8gallon brew kettle, and that's just the start of the all grain obsession for me lol

oh yea and barley crusher mill.

Indeed it does. Nice. What kind of setup are you using to run it (barbs, qds?). I have been looking at Bobby M's add-a-pump kits, but so have enough other people that his dang website is down again while they are filling orders. It should be back up this evening, and I think I'm going to pull the trigger, but interested in what other folks are doing also.

I'm using CamLocks from Bobby M. My inlet hose connection uses the Type D + 5/8 barb setup seen in the middle of this pic. My other connections use the high flow elbow. I'd have bought the new camlock SuperC (I think that's what he calls it) if he had them when I made my purchase.

Just saw a pic of the add-a-pump kit. Looks like it's exactly what I would have bought. One thing you'll need is a reducer 3/4" to 1/2". I got mine at a local hardware store, but More Beer has them as well (http://morebeer.com/products/stainless-coupler-34-fpt-12.html).

I put my pump in an old toolbox I had laying around. I've had issues with the pump overheating in my smallish toolbox, so before I brew next, I'm adding a fan to help exhaust the hot air and an inlet vent to allow cool air to enter the box.

PIAB-1.jpg

PIAB-3.jpg

I'm using CamLocks from Bobby M. My inlet hose connection uses the Type D + 5/8 barb setup seen in the middle of this pic. My other connections use the high flow elbow. I'd have bought the new camlock SuperC (I think that's what he calls it) if he had them when I made my purchase.

Just saw a pic of the add-a-pump kit. Looks like it's exactly what I would have bought. One thing you'll need is a reducer 3/4" to 1/2". I got mine at a local hardware store, but More Beer has them as well (http://morebeer.com/products/stainless-coupler-34-fpt-12.html).

I put my pump in an old toolbox I had laying around. I've had issues with the pump overheating in my smallish toolbox, so before I brew next, I'm adding a fan to help exhaust the hot air and an inlet vent to allow cool air to enter the box.

That's an awesome setup. Very neat and compact. And thanks for the heads up on the reducer. I think Bobby has even anticipated this and you can order that as an option with the kit now (I think, would know for sure if the site would come back up......cricket......cricket......). Edit: There is a countdown on the page. It will come back up at 4:00 :ban: Just enough time to get stuff ordered before I leave work for the day.

I've been slacking. Here is what has come in the mail over the past week:

A MW102 pH meter and buffers
6 boxes of 16 oz flip top bottles
HBT stickers.

big day, I got some stainless steel tubing, some cam and groove fittings, an arduino, and an lcd for the arduino. Tomorrow it looks like I should be getting an ssr, and Friday a new fermenter, I should actually be able to try out my new RIMS tube this weekend.

Back