What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my cats are shelter cats, and that's pretty much what happened. And now my cats have chosen their people. One adores my wife, and she might as well be a kid. Demands about as much attention. Most dog-like cat I've ever seen. The other cat and my wife don't get along. At all. To the point where my wife only refers to her as "it" and occasionally threatens to throw her down the trash chute.
Haha! Who did the second cat bond with then?

I'm not really a cat fan, I had one cat and I taught him how to play fetch. I loved that cat , but he went outside one day and never came back. I think he had heart worms and left to die. I still miss Boba Fett.
Possibly, they tend to try and leave when they are about to die.

I had a cat that taught herself to play fetch, and open doors. Smartest cat I've ever seen. To bad she was my sisters, and got hit by a car. She would have been worth breeding for the brains alone.

Warning, impending cat lecture...

I think a lot of people misunderstand something. Cats usually only bond with one person at a time, sometimes one person period. They aren't like dogs who can bond with most people most of the time. When they are ready to bond with somebody they will reach out for contact like I described. Sometimes they lick you instead of the paw thing, but you get the idea. You take a cat home that's ready to bond with a person, and they will then choose who they bond to. That's it. It might be you, it might be the spouse, it might be one of the kids. It's the cat's choice, not yours. That bond is as deep as any bond between dog and owner, but much less predictable.

/cat lecture.

I like cats. So cute and soft and purry.

My best friend diabolos would agree with you on this.

945167_301573699973046_1076624195_n.jpg

Bastard loved cats so much we didn't have any stays running around for a long time R.I.P. DIABOLOS

Oh man, I just added 5.5oz of hops (mostly galaxy and citra) to a 3.5 gallon batch of my Black Rye IPA, and still have 2.5 oz for dry hop... fruittastic! :fro:

Ok fellow drunken monkeys, I'm going to have to say good knight. I have to be up at 5:30 am. Peace be with you, and all of your ilk.

Haha! Who did the second cat bond with then?

Me. She is kind of bitchy to my wife and the other cat (although they get alone alright enough),

Warning, impending cat lecture...

I think a lot of people misunderstand something. Cats usually only bond with one person at a time, sometimes one person period. They aren't like dogs who can bond with most people most of the time. When they are ready to bond with somebody they will reach out for contact like I described. Sometimes they lick you instead of the paw thing, but you get the idea. You take a cat home that's ready to bond with a person, and they will then choose who they bond to. That's it. It might be you, it might be the spouse, it might be one of the kids. It's the cat's choice, not yours. That bond is as deep as any bond between dog and owner, but much less predictable.

/cat lecture.

Yep, I've had cats my whole life. I understand em, where my wife really doesn't.

Speaking of which, my wife is yelling at my cat from the other room as we speak. I think she's right that my cat sleeps on her stuff out of spite.

Gabe, I know you have referenced Bob Sylvester before, talking yeast (on BN, I believe), have you had any Saint Somewhere beers before?

Actually I heard him on Shelton Bros podcast. I've only had one Saint Somewhere brew, whatever the dubbelish one is called. Found it at store here in TN so it was hideously overpriced, but it was also from 08 and this was earlier this year. Really tasty brew.

My Biere de Boucher (biere de garde)

View attachment 156653

Cool! I brew BdGs and BdG inspired beers quite a bit, but doesn't seem to be a very popular style. It's seasonal and not currently available, but I highly reccommend WLP072 if you haven't tried it. It's the only true BdG yeast I'm aware of. WY3725 (supposedly originally isolated from Fantome) is not one from my experience.

Feeling quite buzzed as I'm en route over Memphis at 36,000. The second pour of Balvenie 15 that a cute girl I met at the bar bought for me did me in. She was quite friendly!

Watch out for those airport hookers.

That statement could not be more wrong.

I'm not cat fan, but they do tend to rule their 'owners' which is part of the reason I'm not a fan. I wouldn't mind an outdoor cat that wants nothing to do with me and liked to kill things, especially if it was some sort of rambo cat that would take out groundhogs.

Having a few ounces of vanilla stout from the fermentor before bed. I was supposed to bottle this today, guess it will be tomorrow.

NIZZLE said:
Thanks I just hate when my kids get sick because theres really nothing I can do but give her medicine and hope it works.

Sorry man. I hope she feels better soon. My little girl has been sick today too. It seemed like she was starting to feel better before we put her to bed so hopefully she'll sleep through the night.

Just finished a can of Oskar Blues Gubna IIPA, and am now working on a glass or two of citra pale ale, while thinking about cracking a bottle of No Lable don Jalapeno ale next.

Wait, make that I am now drinking the Jalapeno.

Channel66 said:
Is this a joke? :drunk:

Not a joke, or a mistake. Actually pretty happy with how that one came out. Very mild spice, which is nice compared to a lot of the commercial pumpkin/spice brews that seem to need to age for a year before they're drinking well. Also not too peppery from the 3711. I wouldn't brew it again, but it worked out this time.

Airport coffee.

Coffee lots of coffee back hurts got a kink in my neck I feel asleep sitting up and the kido is still sick so no school for her hope she is feeling better by Halloween.

Join any new clubs lately? ;)
No. Have you ever been on a 737? Beyond finding a willing participant, the act alone would be an amazing feat of acrobatics!

Watch out for those airport hookers.

If she was, she was a high class hooker! And wasn't trying very hard. I mean, paying $12.50 for a scotch was nice, and she was friendly, but beyond that, she showed no "intrest" in what I have to offer...meaning I'm not exactly in the ripped and cut type of guy category. I'm more of the "guy that used to play sports in HS and college but doesn't anymore, so I'm fat now" category. :cross:

I'm not cat fan, but they do tend to rule their 'owners' which is part of the reason I'm not a fan. I wouldn't mind an outdoor cat that wants nothing to do with me and liked to kill things, especially if it was some sort of rambo cat that would take out groundhogs.

My wife has 3 cats. They're not mine. They're hers. I told her this. She takes care of them. We have a mutual hatred for each other. Little bastards. Can't put up a nice Christmas tree this year because two of them are still kittens. You get the idea.:mad:

Le Petite Prince. Far exceeded my expectations. They managed to keep a perfect level of residual sweetness in the <3% table beer.

A quick sample of my stuck toasted coconut stout. Or right now it is just a stout and water.

I re-pitched again, US-05, added 33 g of Calcium Carbonate to hopefully increase the chances of the yeast surviving. 1.067 to 1.030 is not what I wanted. I guess if it doesn't move I can still rack to secondary over coconut, bottle it and just it a low gravity stout, right? I mean, it's not ruined. I did a taste test with chalk. 8 oz sample with a gram of chalk seemed odd. I used less than 1/2 gram to approximately 512 ounces of beer. I gave way for trub and such.

Anyway, I am crossing my fingers. I hugged the bucket, patted it on it's top and said goodnight. :)

A quick sample of my stuck toasted coconut stout. Or right now it is just a stout and water.

I re-pitched again, US-05, added 33 g of Calcium Carbonate to hopefully increase the chances of the yeast surviving. 1.067 to 1.030 is not what I wanted. I guess if it doesn't move I can still rack to secondary over coconut, bottle it and just it a low gravity stout, right? I mean, it's not ruined. I did a taste test with chalk. 8 oz sample with a gram of chalk seemed odd. I used less than 1/2 gram to approximately 512 ounces of beer. I gave way for trub and such.

Anyway, I am crossing my fingers. I hugged the bucket, patted it on it's top and said goodnight. :)

Have you tried nutrient or energiser?

Back