Tasted first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrck17

Reaction score
Beer has been in the bottles all of 5 days and I had to get a taste. Overall I think it is really good. And my friend who I let taste it said it was really awsome. It has some kinda taste that is hard to put my finger on, and a smell about it that is hard to describe. I think it may be kinda green though. But overall I would have to say I am very pleased with my first go round. I plan to brew up a batch of Hobgoblin this weekend, and then a batch of something lighter the following weekend. My BUD drinking friends want something similar in color/taste to what they are used to. I saw a bud clone at byo that involved 2.5 of DME and 1.5 of Honey, but not sure if I want to go with that. Maybe an IPA. Anyways just wanted to let you guys know how my first brew went. Thanks for the suggestions from all of you who discussed their experiences on this forum. Greatest hobby ever. Later guys.

Congratulations.. I too have a bad habit of cracking the bottles open too soon. I'd expect the beer will improve dramatically at the 1.5 - 2 week mark. Any green taste, or harsh bite will melow out or disappear.. and you'll have good carbonation by then. If you can, cold condition them a bit and they'll be even better.

It always amazes me how many things I can do wrong and still end up with really really good beer.

I think it may be kinda green though.

Ya think? :p

Give that beer some time to age, then you'll know how good it really is. I drank my whole first batch green, and have since learned to let it age some.

Congrats on your first brew!

Back