Need help with my kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grawl

Reaction score
I recently converted a sanyo 4912m into a kegerator. Today I noticed that the beer lines coming from my draft tower do not allow my ball lock liquid disconnect to screw into it. The ends of the connectors are large hex nuts (I think they might be for a keg coupler, but I am completely new to this and have no idea). Is there any way to change the large hex nut at the end of the beer line to a smaller one that will allow be to connect my ball lock disconnect? Do I need to take out my draft tower and change the beer lines?

Thank you for your help

Yes, those are for standard sanke shanks.

You need a universal tailpiece that lets you step down to a 1/4" MFL connection.

115_mfl_tail_piece.jpg

Or if you're using barbed ball lock connectors

240_ss_tail_piece.jpg

those adapters are for converting a sanke tap to ball lock fittings on the line.. it sounds like you have the opposite problem; sanke fittings on the lines trying to connect to a ball lock tap. If that's the case, you'll probably have to just cut the fittings off the line and fit it with the ball lock fittings on the line. if you ever want to use a commercial keg after you put on the ball lock fittings, you'll need the adapters in the pics from the other post.

One more question, do I need a sanke tap to use these?

Thank you

Yeah that was for a sanke connection. If you have regular beer lines on your faucets that have hex connectors on the end, cut them and either use a barbed connector on the corny keg or a barbed stem fitting.

Back