Banana dance of joy. The Banjo is here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
:ban: :ban:

The KAB5 Banjo burner arrived today. I've been having a ***** of a time finding a burner for my brews and I finally bit the bullet and picked up this one:http://www.agrisupplyco.com/cgi-bin/cgiitmls?m=ThisP&p=64482.000000&l=1

With all the problems that people have been having with suppliers, I should give a customer service plug to these guys. They went out of their way to get the burner to me and had excellent customer service. I got prompt replies to my shipping questions and was reassured that I wasn't being annoying by asking.

So now I'm warming my 1056 yeast to smack and the monster pots will finally get warmed this weekend. I'll be making ten gallons of amber ale so I need to really get on with the starter. I hope to have enough to pitch by Sunday.

Everybody banana dance with me.

Nice! I've had my eye on that one for the eventual switch to AG, so I hope it works out for you.

And the excellent news about their service is good news too!

:ban: :ban: :ban:

That thing will put out some heat. Actually tuned my keggle cherry red one night when I was in a hurry to get to boiling.

Ol' Grog said:
That thing will put out some heat. Actually tuned my keggle cherry red one night when I was in a hurry to get to boiling.

I don't see no dancing bananas!! Help Fingers out a little would ya? :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

So how many Bananas do you think we can get in one thread?

Congrats, on the new burner!

Hey Fingers,

Q for you.

From what I've read, the KAB4 had the square stock stand and the 30psi. regulator, the KAB5 has the stamped steel stand and the 20psi. regulator. Which did you recieve? The photo shows the KAB4.

Thanks in advance.

Naners up!:ban:
Bob

:ban: Im starting to look at the banjo I didnt know they made more than one model, agrisuplly looks cheap. so is it 20 or 30 psi?
sorry I forgot the bananas:ban: :ban: :ban:

It's a 20 psi regulator on the KAB5. The stand is quite beefy and easily held my pots full of 15 gallons of water. The steel is fairly thick and it's welded together. I didn't measure, but the legs look like about 3/16" steel.

Agri-supply doesn't have the KAB4 (30 psi) anymore and I doubt you'll find it anywhere. It's been discontinued. I don't think I'd want a 30 psi regulator because when I ran the 20 psi wide open the flames came out from under the pot. This is a particularly large pot too. Much larger than a keggle if that's what you're using.

Just saw your thread Fingers, congrats on your deal with Agrisupply. I know it set you back a few Canadians but hopefully it'll be worth it. Here's to you man!

:ban:

:ban:

yes, thanks for the heads up. I was about to order from Bayou Classic, but they wanted almost $40 to ship UPS ground. I cut that in half, for the same retail price by going with the link you provided.

A word of caution...it seems like anything you add to your cart there adds some other random $40 trailer hitch part...be sure you remove it!

Of course, i'll be out of town for a week and won't get to see it until after i get home end of NEXT week.
but it'll give me an excuse to brew this porter a co-worker brewed and I loved...and of course i got his secret recipe ;)

Back