Parents are stupid... absolute idiots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
So, there is this kid next door that my daughter plays with (6 yrs old). This kid has some very erratic emotions and he is NEVER wrong in his parents eyes. Today, I had to laugh.

This little $hit comes over asking to play IN the house with my daughter, all well and good except he ALWAYS destroys our house, even after repeated correcting, still throws stuff against the walls etc. So, I am like... sorry man, we have too many issues when you play indoors with you disrespecting us and our home, so no...

2 minutes later I get the call from "mamma". She is pissed, at me... for not allowing him to play in our home. I told her, look... he destroys our game room and will not stop even when we correct him, so I wont allow that in my home. She sayes... "well when your kids are over the kids get all rowdy and I have holes in walls and blah blah and I ignore it because that is just kids being kids. I was like... are you serious? This is MY home, not thiers. I SAY what happens here, not them. Being a kid IS NOT an excuse for bad behavior, or to ignore adults. If my kids act up at your home like that, regardless of whether or not you accept it, I DO NOT! SEND THEM HOME!

MY KIDS DO NOT act like that here or they get beat... if they act like that anywhere else they need to be sent home, it is unacceptable. I do not accept "kids will be kids" as an excuse for anything. Give your kids an ecxuse for bad behavior, and you have just made it OK.

She sayes... "well maybe our kids shouldnt play anymore, I thought we were all past this". PAST WHAT? Oh, I am totally ok with your kid wrecking my house and disobeying me... yah, STFU. I dont give a rats ass if they play, I just do not want it IN my HOME. They can play outside for all I care.

NOW, if this was reversed and my kids said "dad the neighbors wont let me play in thier house". Id be like... what the hell did you do? Call the neighbors... "what the hell did my kid do" Oh yah? That little $hit... I dont blame you for not letting him in... I will let him know he is not allowed in due to his piss poor behavior... thanks for letting me know".

I would NEVER BLAME the parent who is trying to protect thier household...

Parents are idiots. Cant wait til this generation starts running things. God help us all.

We're f*d.

My daughter is 4.5 and we do what we can - she listens most of the time, isn't allowed to get away with the BS I see some kids get away with. She's of course a little sh*t at times but she's a kid, and frankly she was doomed to be a rebellious little crap because of her parents (we're both the "black sheep").

I see other kids in stores and am shocked at that I see other kids get away with. In 4.5 years I've only had to pull her out of a store once - over a "I want candy" fit. The current generation raising kids tends to cave to such demands.

Props to you for standing up to the kids and your dipsh#t neighbor. I'd NEVER put up with destruction of my property by my kid or others.

lol

This is society today. Years ago the parents would have drug his ass over to your house spanked him good. Just so you could watch and the embarrassment would fix him quick.

lol

This is society today. Years ago the parents would have drug his ass over to your house spanked him good. Just so you could watch and the embarrassment would fix him quick.

Dragged, dammit!! DRAGGED!!!.........Opps! sorry guys, carry on. I couldn't stop myself. :(

No need for the correction, the parents are most likely drugging their kids with something like Ritalin to take care of that pesky energy that they have.

Yeah, if I ever hear that "Hyperactive" excuse for the little bastards one more time............You will find me at the clock tower. I will be the guy with the assault rifle.

I really dont give a flying frick what my neighbors think of me... I am pretty balanced. Your kid comes here to mess up my home, he isnt welcome, dont tell me "it isnt fair". ********... totally fair, I have seen your home moron and if mine liked that I would burn it down.

People say this kind of thing about every generation. So far civilization hasn't collapsed.

People say this kind of thing about every generation. So far civilization hasn't collapsed.

+1

Now let me preface this by saying that Lisa and I don't yet have kids, but we have plenty of interaction with our friends' children - and I've always known them to be very respectful of both person and property. They are always welcome in my home provided they listen and conduct themselves in a respectful manner - never had a problem yet.

When I was growing up, my parents would discipline both me and my friends and the same went for my friends' parents. It was a mutual understanding between close family friends.

Hey, it ain't like I don't like kids! I love them!!! I just happen to prefer them when They lose their trail of bread crumbs and arrive at my house for a damned good talking to! :)

My motto is, "Harsh, harsh but fair".
Follow through with what you say you are going to do as punishment or they will not respect you. Ground rules. Let them know where they stand. Naughty spot - don't get me started on that!
Rant over - 8am here and I need coffee...
oxo

I love yelling at other peoples kids.

I will never give my kids an excuse for thier bad behavior. "Kids will be kids"... yup, well into thier 30's with that mentality!

Get off my fooking lawn you little *******!!!

That's more like it! :mug:

But I will agree with the title. Take my neighbor's 6 y.o. grandkid---Mom got pregnant when she was 17, living with free babysitting at mom & dad's while she works as a bartender, parties with her friends, and takes a few classes here and there. Dad ran off with a stripper, lives around the corner, and is about as grown-up as his kid is. Grandma (45) should've been sterilized 35 years ago. Complete piece of ****. Says and does all sorts of things around him that are completely inappropriate, primarily for shock value and attention whoring. It's not the kid's fault that he was born into this trailer trash; he's actually a really nice little kid when he's in school all day and has some structure. But when he gets back around my white trash neighbors, turns into an a--hole just like the rest of 'em. :rolleyes: Sad really.

I wouldn't put up with that **** either, Pol. And I'd tan my kids' hides if they ever acted like that, in my house or anyone else's.

Yah... my kids rode thier bikes through my neighbors grass the other day. I was like, what the hell are you doing? "Oh, dad they said it was OK". You litte crap head, I dont care what THEY say, it is NOT OK with me to have you being disrespectful! I SAY you ride on the sidewalk... I dont give a crap what people give you permission to do, I am your OWNER. Stay on your leash.

Atleast you do not have a little neighbor boy who is like Brick Tamland from Anchor man. First, the little bastard (5 yr old)gets up at 6:00 in the morning. his mom is kind enough to keep him on a leash until 8:30 but after that he buzzes right over to my house and has a freaking problem ringing the doorbell only once it would seem. it is not uncommon to hear it ring 7 times. My daughter who is 6 dosent always feel like playing so I answer the door and I tell Brick, "listen little buddy, you only need to ring the bell one time and Madelyn does not want to play right now, she is still sleeping" So then he tries to walk in and I have to move my legs so he can not breach the threshold and I have to say "Ok, you need to head home and maddie will come over when she is ready to play" so he stares at me like he has an IQ of 43 and I have to shut the door on him. When i watch him from the living room window he sits on my daughters chair that is on the front porch and just gazes into space.

Im telling you, Brick Tamland all the way. I am just waiting for him to look right at me and say "i love lamp"

You guys need to move further out into the country. The best thing to keep your peace is some land between you and the rest of the world. Keeps me sane.

You guys need to move further out into the country. The best thing to keep your peace is some land between you and the rest of the world. Keeps me sane.

Yah, but the schools in the country, here... suck.

Your teaching your kids respect, that is better than any teacher I have ever met. You're more qualified than you think.

**** for brain people have been around us forever.
They're still around us.
And they ain't going anywhere soon.

We had a similar conversation about 15 years ago when my girls were younger...only the conversation was with my wife's brother and his wife about our four nephews.

The neighbor gene pool looks pretty bad Pol, but I don't blame you. I would not tolerate my kids doing anything close to damaging a neighbors house or property and I would tell the neighbor, "Sorry, but your little **** is too destructive to play inside at my house" and leave it at that. If she did not like it, she could find some other lazy ass irresponsible parent with kids to play with. It's pathetic.

Irresponsible and inconsiderate adults should not have children until they have worked at Chucky Cheese's for at least two years.

I am not a trained educator... Id rather live in a good school district.

Please tell me you don't live in Carmel. I hated those guys in high school. ;)
I went to a county school in northern Indiana growing up. We had the advantage of also being a military funded school.

My mom does home daycare and it never ceases to amaze me how stupid some of those kids are. Then I meet the parents and see where they get it from.

Terje

Please tell me you don't live in Carmel. I hated those guys in high school. ;)
I went to a county school in northern Indiana growing up. We had the advantage of also being a military funded school.

My mom does home daycare and it never ceases to amaze me how stupid some of those kids are. Then I meet the parents and see where they get it from.

Terje

My nose doesnt go far enough up in the air to live in Carmel ;)

I can't wait until my wife and I have children so I can get in domestic spats with my neighbors. They're far to nice and it sounds like this would be an excellent way to get rid of some frustration when I get home.

So, there is this kid next door that my daughter plays with (6 yrs old). This kid has some very erratic emotions and he is NEVER wrong in his parents eyes. Today, I had to laugh.

This little $hit comes over asking to play IN the house with my daughter, all well and good except he ALWAYS destroys our house, even after repeated correcting, still throws stuff against the walls etc. So, I am like... sorry man, we have too many issues when you play indoors with you disrespecting us and our home, so no...

2 minutes later I get the call from "mamma". She is pissed, at me... for not allowing him to play in our home. I told her, look... he destroys our game room and will not stop even when we correct him, so I wont allow that in my home. She sayes... "well when your kids are over the kids get all rowdy and I have holes in walls and blah blah and I ignore it because that is just kids being kids. I was like... are you serious? This is MY home, not thiers. I SAY what happens here, not them. Being a kid IS NOT an excuse for bad behavior, or to ignore adults. If my kids act up at your home like that, regardless of whether or not you accept it, I DO NOT! SEND THEM HOME!

MY KIDS DO NOT act like that here or they get beat... if they act like that anywhere else they need to be sent home, it is unacceptable. I do not accept "kids will be kids" as an excuse for anything. Give your kids an ecxuse for bad behavior, and you have just made it OK.

She sayes... "well maybe our kids shouldnt play anymore, I thought we were all past this". PAST WHAT? Oh, I am totally ok with your kid wrecking my house and disobeying me... yah, STFU. I dont give a rats ass if they play, I just do not want it IN my HOME. They can play outside for all I care.

NOW, if this was reversed and my kids said "dad the neighbors wont let me play in thier house". Id be like... what the hell did you do? Call the neighbors... "what the hell did my kid do" Oh yah? That little $hit... I dont blame you for not letting him in... I will let him know he is not allowed in due to his piss poor behavior... thanks for letting me know".

I would NEVER BLAME the parent who is trying to protect thier household...

Parents are idiots. Cant wait til this generation starts running things. God help us all.

Maybe this little episode is a blessing in disguise. Do you really want your kid playing with that little undisciplined basturd? This way you can (truthfully) blame the little creep's mom for your kids not being able to play with that kid. You don't have to deal with the little creep, or his mom, she takes the blame, your kids aren't exposed to them. Sounds like a win/win situation to me. Regards, GF.

Maybe this little episode is a blessing in disguise. Do you really want your kid playing with that little undisciplined basturd? This way you can (truthfully) blame the little creep's mom for your kids not being able to play with that kid. You don't have to deal with the little creep, or his mom, she takes the blame, your kids aren't exposed to them. Sounds like a win/win situation to me. Regards, GF.

Word...

Latest posts

Back