New guy, looking for supplies in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDS

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a relative newbie -- brewed two batches a couple of years ago, a pale ale that was a disaster and an IPA which was *excellent* -- but now I've moved to a new a state (Essex Co., NJ) and am wondering where's a good place nearby to buy brewing ingredients. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to get back into brewing now that I have a little more space than I used to. Thanks for any tips.

Hey, welcome man. I live on the jersey shore. There is always the Brewer's Apprentice in freehold. But to be honest, I order all of my ingredients online, unless I must brew in a day and don't have anything on hand.

Here is a list of homebrew supply websites that people on this forum seem to back.

I personally use MoreBeer and AustinHomebrewSupply, but have heard good things about others listed there.

There's a place in Clifton called Carrados and the owner of The Gaslight Brewpub sells homebrew supplies out of a stock room at the place but call ahead. I personally mail order from www.brewbyu.com out of NH and Northernbrewer and Austinhomebrew.com.

If you're into raw goods in bulk like full sacks of malt and pounds of hops, call around to local breweries and beg to piggy back on their orders.

Welcome. I, too, order most of my stuff online, as the stores near here (and I'm near you) aren't much good.

Back