Columbus Day ... it IS about the hops, yes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whippy

Reaction score
I think it is pretty much common knowledge these days that Christopher Columbus did not discover America, nor was he even the first European in America.

This does not mean we cannot celebrate the REAL reason for the holiday, that being Columbus hops! :p

I planned an American Brown Ale for this weekend, but now that I see Monday is Columbus Day I think I might change my plans and create an American Stout using all Columbus hops in honor of the real Columbus Day. :)

Does anyone want to join me in brewing a Columbus Day beer? I wanted to change the name to Simcoe Day, but I cannot find any :(

You know, doing an all Columbus beer could be a lot of fun. I might just have to investigate the possibility of this as I've got a pretty decent amount of Columbus hops available.

Just so happens I bought an all Columbus IPA kit on sale from more beer recently. Been looking for a time to brew it. Think I just found that time!!!!!!!!

Count me in!!!!

Latest posts

Back