randall the enamel animal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a bit pricey, I like the Idea ...if i was only brewing IPA's ...dont get me wrong, I love an IPA Ive got 3 on tap right now, but for that price it would have to contribute something to every beer that I brewed

a bit pricey, I like the Idea ...if i was only brewing IPA's ...dont get me wrong, I love an IPA Ive got 3 on tap right now, but for that price it would have to contribute something to every beer that I brewed

I brew mostly hopbombs so I am a bit intrigued, but the price does seem steep.

My favorite resteraunt uses one every Thursday. Summits Wayeside Tavern in Snellville, GA.

http://www.summits-online.com/

Check out the beer list. The baristas there say that if you run a real hoppy beer thru it, it actually mellows out the hops.

I've had a few beers on a randall. I haven't really noticed much hop-wise. When you're having an IIPA anyway, hard to tell if its adding much of anything. Though I had a Belgian Blonde something or other made by a homebrew club that used a blend of fruit in the randall and it tasted like the beer had been run through a juicer. It was nice, and something different to try, but not something I'd want to do all the time.

Personally, I think its more of a gimmick than anything... But it sure is fun, so why not.

Had some in Rehoboth this weekend.

It isn't only for hops btw, so it doesn't have to be a hop bomb.

i had Namaste run through Lemongrass and something thats escaping me. I also had WWS run through expresso beans.

As for the "gimmick guy" you can definitely taste it, so I wouldn't call it a gimmick.

No worries, I'm going to try and keep my eyes open for some cheaper filter housing units to use on my build.

Back