Freshops.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrbrew

Reaction score
I ordered 3 rhizomes from them and the were HUGE! Got them quick, I planted on a Friday and they all sprouted by the following Wednesday. They are a hop farm not a online HBS that gets rhizomes from a farm just to have them sit around forever. Very happy :D with their service and quality rhizomes.
:mug:

I like their hop description list too. Everything you need to know about flavor,aroma,bittering,...even what beers they're used in. Very helpful site!

I just got my rhizomes in today and they are nice, big roots. I got a Kent Golding and a Brewers Gold, cause I likes me old style hops. I will definitely order from them again.
:mug:

Dragging this thread out of the dead. I ordered 8 ounces of whole leaf hops, last week. They arrived, quickly, and were well-packed; I was really excited to brew with what I was hoping were great, fragrant hops.

Unfortunately, my excitement was misplaced. While the two ounces of Zeus smelled okay (not as pungent as I was expecting), the Simcoe and Mosaic were very sub-par; I've had much more fragrant pellet hops, from the local store. They smelled very generic, with grassy and herbal notes where they should have been piney or tropical fruit. Again, I was really expecting to be blown away by the aroma of fresh hops, and i was really disappointed.

The speed of shipping and packaging was great, but the quality of the product left a lot to be desired.

My experience with freshops was good. Preordered 4 rhizomes this year. Got what I ordered and everything was package well.

Back