Bottled my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DasGuy

Reaction score
Hello Brewers, this afternoon I bottled my very first Brew. I brewed in 2-Jan, it sat fermenting for 10 days then switch it to the secondary for 4 weeks. I tried to be patient, although now that it's bottled I'm getting anxious. My wife bought me the kit for Christmas from Midwest, the problem was she ordered it in early December and didn't tell me so the ingredients sat too long, so the OG was a very low 1.031. I had a few fermenting issues and it had a final reading of 1.010. I was a little worried which is why I have let it sit so long. Any way as I was bottling it I took a "Free Sample" and it didn't taste to bad. I took a picture to share, hopefully this works. On Monday I'm going to brew a Phat Tyre kit from NB.

Cheers :mug:

AutumnAmberAle.jpg

Awesome....yep, now waiting is the hard part but well worth it. I like to start thinking about my next beer to brew to keep my mind off the beer that's conditioning in the bottle

That's what I figured, I brewed my Phat Tyre kit from NB this morning and everything went smooth. I'm super pumped for this to ferment, hopefully it will be ready for my birthday in April but I think I'm going to be a couple weeks late. I took a sample of the wort for my gravity reading (1.056) and tried it and it tasted oh so good.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back