Did I wait too long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Reaction score
So I brewed my first batch ever on Halloween day and then kinda forgot about it....... It's been sitting in my primary fermentor ever since then. Do you guys think it is still good?

I would say so, unless you were lax on your sanitation, it will probably be just fine. Only 1 way to find out for sure.

If you were diligent in sanitation then you should be absolutely fine. Taste it and if it tastes fine, bottle it and go.

Taste it, then bottle. No point in bottling if it doesn't taste okay. But it is probably fine.

You'll be fine.
But really>? Forgot about your first batch??? Usually people are itching to drink their first batch and stare at it everyday.

Geez...how could you forget about your first brew? :)
Just trust your hydrometer and taste buds. Take a reading and drink it. If BOTH are good, keg it or bottle.

I can't believe you forgot about your first brew! Im on my second and I check on it a couple times a day still to see what is going on with it. I guess I'm kinda obsessed with brewing, but it seems like normal behavior from what I read ;)

But to answer your question, from my knowledge your beer will be just fine, just bottle it and wait 3 weeks!

Latest posts

Back