Fullers London Pride.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
Went to the local packaging store to get some stout for chili tonight. They had London Pride on sale for $20.00 a case. I've had it once or twice. But for $20.00 a case, I couldn't turn it down. Not a bad beer. It'll be a good "yea I got some beer in the fridge, help yourself" kinda beer. I like it.

Yea, definitely a session beer. I might go buy another case.

Used to drink it pretty regularly when I lived in London; it's a good pint when fresh.

The best place to sample it was here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Upper_clapton_anchor_and_hope.jpg

This fanatastic little pub was run by the same guy for 50 years - it's tiny inside so we usually ended up outside next to the canal. Most of the surrounding houses were bombed out during WWII, but pub itself survived unscathed.

I've got a pub right next to my office. They carry only british beers on tap and Fuller's is one of my favorites, not a bad side for fish and chips at lunch either.

When I used to walk into an unfamiliar pub in the UK, as soon as I was in the door I would check out the pump handles. There are a few brews that let you know immediately if you will be staying or not. London Pride is one of those. That does not mean that i would automatically order one, you gotta look at the rest and try a stranger or two if they have guest beers. But London Pride is one of those pints that you can rely on to be a very good fallback if you don't find something extra special in the other pumps.

Back