Great Lakes Bay Brew Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlyday

Reaction score
Anybody else here go to this?

There was 12 michigan based breweries there. Each having 3-4 beer for sampling. My wife and I went, she isnt much of a beer drinker, but went sample for sample with me. She tended to go for the girly beers and I went for the dark ones she said tasted like soy sauce. We each ended up having about 10 different samples.

She found about 3-4 beers she actually likes. Which is good for me, because now i can brew those types of beer without any pushback from her.

I was able to try some types of beer that I might not have tried, and found some beers I really liked.

My two favorite beers of the night were Final Absolution from dragonmead brewery. An a scoth ale from try city brewing. The scotch ale the dont sell yet, and was only offered for a short time at the event. It was 11.5% AVB and was aged in a burboun barrel. It was one of the best beers I have ever tasted.

Back