So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a session IPA tomorrow morning. I get to try out my new BK that arrived on Friday.

Made a huge starter Wednesday, half to harvest, half to pitch. Unfortunately I'm on vacation and won't be home til noon tomorrow, not sure I'm going to go for it. Will be my first time with unmilled grains too, which I haven't dealt with yet!

Broke in the grain mill I got for Christmas and made a Pennsylvania Swankey today. That was fun! Had to visit the grocery store in the middle, though, because I burned my first effort at making Invert #3 sugar and didn't have enough turbinado in the cupboard.

Brewed a small batch, experimental "pumpernickel stout" on my stove top. Ended up with about 1.9 gallons of dark brown stuff I hope turns out OK!

Brewing a 4 gal batch of an amber rye strong ale recipe I threw together. I'm throwing in a bunch of columbus and chinook leaf hops that I need to use up, and my wlp 004 starter is spinning away at the moment. Hoping to be done with this brew day by 2:00!

Brewing 10 gallons of robust porter 5 regular with 05 and 5 coconut with 04. And 16 oz of malto dextran. Im going for a death by coconut from oscar blues.

Not brewing this week but I have a Doppelbock that has been lagering since early November that is ready to be kegged. Entered this in the NHC a few years ago and took first place in the a first round contest. May have to try that again!

Just put 5.5 gal of a1.080 dipa into primary, didnt boil off enough to hit the projected 1.082 but no biggie. 20 oz of hops going into this one between a 5 min addition, hopstand and dble dry hop, so hopefully a nice ne style hop juice bomb with Citra, Amarillo and Vic secret. Made a large starter of gen 4 1318 yeast.

Brewing Thursday, teaching a friend who wants some beer so I told her she has to pay for some of the ingredients, and she gets to help... yay someone else to rinse out the mash tun with ice cold water!

Going to be transferring my Bourbon Barrel Porter to secondary to age on some oak cubes, vanilla beans and makers mark and hopefully get around to brewing a Buffalo Sweat clone.

I am brewing a Wheat beer with loose leaf tea from Teavana (YOUTHBERRY® WILD ORANGE BLOSSOM TEA BLEND). It's part of our club's "Iron Brew" challenge we are doing. I'll probably soak the tea in vodka and then "dry hop" the brew with it in the keg.

If time permits, I may try to fit in a double brew day. If that happens, I'm not sure what I'll make right now but I need to figure that out soon!

Brewing Sunday.
Was planning a repeat of my NEIPA which was delicious and a big hit among friends (some Mosaic and Simcoe with Citra & Galaxy in the dry hop) - might tweak it and remove the Simcoe and Mosaic in favor of Azacca, which I have never used before - going for big tropical fruit.

But now debating two half batches (2.5 gal) of single-hop APA, one using Azacca to pin down its flavor and aroma characteristics.

Thoughts?

Some time this weekend I will take on the arduous task of pouring some preservative-free grocery store apple juice into a fermenter with some Nottingham and a pinch of diammonium phosphate. I better clear my calendar for that one.

I'm going to brew a dark mild ale and bottle my zombie dust clone that's been on dry hops for a week.

Lawson's Double Sunshine for a friend who is moving to Vermont. Lookin forward to a good brew day tomorrow.

IPA overnight mash. Went great. In bed by 11pm and boiling by 6:30am. Finished around 8:30am in time to make breakfast for the family. Overnight mash and fermcap for the win!

Currently brewing 3 gal of my Dirty Coyote DIPA, which uses Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe, and Chinook. Just put the chiller in the wort to sanitize and will be shutting her down in about 10 more minutes. After this is some grilling and then football for the rest of the day. Lovely

Not brewing but gonna go bottle my first (extract) batch in a few hours. Sanitized the bottles yesterday so everything's ready when I get the kids to stay in bed and SWMBO comes home from her evening shift.

Just finished brewing up a batch of citrus saison, with left-over holiday clementines. I can't wait to drink it this spring!

I need to get version two of my NE IPA going. Going a little more sessionable from 9% to about 6% and I have a pound of falconers flight so let's see

Threw down on a Buffalo Sweat Clone today. Came in at 1.058 on 5.5gal. Also transferred my Porter to secondary to age on some vanilla beans, medium plus oak cubes and Makers Mark for the next 3-4weeks.

Bottle this weekend but Monday is supposed to be warm so thinking of doing an experimental batch of Belgian Golden Strong... a recipe I put together using what I have on hand.... Using T-58 for yeast.

Gonna try to put some vanilla beans in a blonde for mommy, I hope I dont mess it up. But I gotta brew it first!:mug:

Not brewing, but have a batch of Belgian Tripel cold crashing in the ferm chamber, with gelatin. Maybe I'll have to bottle it on Sunday and call it Stuperbowl 51 or something....

If the EKG hops I bought from Austin Homebrew gets here (should arrive tomorrow), I'll be brewing an ESB this Sunday.

Well I was planning on brewing last weekend but my wife and one of the kids were sick. So I plan to brew late tonight instead! A wheat beer with some tea from Teavana infused in the keg.

BIAB again, 10 lbs 2-row + 1 lb crystal, 2 oz cascade.

I used two packets of yeast, one brewers, one plain bread. Let the best yeast win!

Latest posts

Back